Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think Radio 1 should not ban Robbie from their playlist!?

(11 Posts)
PenguinBear Tue 06-Nov-12 19:45:05

I think it's totally wrong for Radio 1 to ban Robbie from their playlist as apparently he is 'not relevant' to Radio 1 listeners.

I am sorry but I disagree, he is UK number one and therefore there is a chance that people in their demographic have bought it.

IMO, is something is in the top 40 then surely it is 'relevant'?!

Sorry, I know it's stupid but it's really annoyed me that they've done this, angry article here if anyone is interested grin

<disclaimer: I'm not even a big Robbie fan!>

Sparklingbrook Tue 06-Nov-12 19:49:15

I am not a RW fan but as he is number one in the hit parade won't they have to play it now? grin

nancy75 Tue 06-Nov-12 19:51:24

They should ban him simply because it is the worst song I have ever heard.

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Tue 06-Nov-12 19:52:32

Since Chris Moyles left I have tuned out. Cant stand Grimmy in the morning, he does my head in.

Sparklingbrook Tue 06-Nov-12 19:54:44

My morning routine is to watch Cash Cab on Quest while getting ready then CDs on in the car on school run. I miss Chris Moyles. sad

I have tried local radio (awful) Chris Evans (boring) and even classic FM.

I am very fed up with the Adele 'Skyfole' song that is on every radio station all the time though.

PoppadomPreach Tue 06-Nov-12 19:56:57

Didn't know they had banned him but I think it's great. He's not a musician, just guru tastes whatever is written for him. He's living off his take that fame.

Radio 1 seem to be playing so, so much better stuff now - more genuine music by aspiring musicians who have not tried to get in the quick way via some shite reality show.

Hope this attitude lasts.

pointythings Tue 06-Nov-12 20:48:11

I can't stand that 'Candy' song and I think they should ban it on the grounds that it is grim, but banning his entire oeuvre is a bit much. Mind you, I'm more the Radio 2/Radio 4 demographic anyway, I don't actually recognise most of what's on Radio 1 as music. <fogey>

Haemadoots Tue 06-Nov-12 20:49:45

Since chris moyles left I have been tuning into either radio 2 or 6music (which is brilliant )

Kethryveris Tue 06-Nov-12 21:00:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cozy9 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:07:36

Robbie Williams is as irrelevant now as Status Quo were in the mid-90s when Radio 1 "banned" them.

StuntGirl Tue 06-Nov-12 21:24:25

Agree with nancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now