Talk

Advanced search

Bloody online banking...

(13 Posts)
grumpyinthemornings Tue 06-Nov-12 13:39:48

How hard is it for me to take some money from my account and put it in my friends'? Was trying to avoid leaving the house because it's bloody cold, but now I have to go to the bank anyway because bloody Natwest won't let me do it online.

Not really an AIBU, just needed a rant...

NickNacks Tue 06-Nov-12 13:42:39

Why can't you do it?

Yabu - I love online banking!

GhostShip Tue 06-Nov-12 13:49:55

RBS do grin

Isandri Tue 06-Nov-12 15:18:05

PayPal smile

podgymumma Tue 06-Nov-12 15:54:51

Natwest make it really easy to transfer to other people. You can also do it over the phone. Why couldn't you do it?

Hassled Tue 06-Nov-12 15:56:29

I can do it via Natwest, but I need that wacky little cardreader gizmo (which I don't understand AT ALL ) to do it, and I can never find the thing.

Graciescotland Tue 06-Nov-12 15:57:50

Can't you just call and do it that way instead?

annh Tue 06-Nov-12 16:01:03

You are sounding a bit pathetic. The card reader is very easy, follow the instructions. Leave it each time in the same place next to the computer and then it's there when you want to use it! Stop blaming NatWest when they have made it perfectly possible for you to do this, you are just choosing to make it difficult for yourself! smile

Tiredmumno1 Tue 06-Nov-12 16:03:23

The OP hasn't said whether she has the card reader?

Lueji Tue 06-Nov-12 16:08:48

Well, think about it like this: the easier it is for you, the easier it is for hackers and scammers.

Is it your first time?

grumpyinthemornings Tue 06-Nov-12 16:37:31

Yes, it's my first time, no I don't have one of those card reader thingies. Ah well, it's done now. Never again...

greensmoothiegoddess Tue 06-Nov-12 17:00:15

I refused to use a Pinsentry (Barclays). The utter pain of it. Sure it makes the bank's processes easier from a security point of view but from a customer's point of view - the damn thing worked only sporadically. I said I would bank elsewhere if they couldn't offer me an option to not use it. So I now log in the old way - with passwords and PIN. Have had no problems whatsoever and life is so much easier. Banks need to come up with a more user-friendly option to cover security issues. And customers need to kick up more of a fuss if necessary if things don't suit.

MammaTJ Tue 06-Nov-12 17:22:22

Phone them and do it, that's how I do all first payments to anyone elses account. Then it is all on my account ready to do afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now