Talk

Advanced search

to not understand golf?

(14 Posts)
SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 06-Nov-12 13:26:50

Golf. What the fuck is it all about? Is it actually sport? A bunch of fat blokes having a stroll and a chat as they walk around a park trying to avoid sandpits. Don't they know how much fun sandpits are?

I'm amazed at how much money is generated through it too! Apparently loads of people watch it! Even on tv!!! Haven't they heard of A Place In The Sun?

How is it so popular? You can't even see the ball when it's in the air! It's sooooooo horribly dull!

Why?!?

SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 06-Nov-12 13:28:42

IT'S EVEN IN THE NEXT BLOODY OLYMPICS!!!

ARGH!!!

squeakytoy Tue 06-Nov-12 13:32:35

You do realise how ridiculous you sound? grin

SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 06-Nov-12 13:34:30

Excellent grin

Now how do I stop golf? Some kind of death star maybe?

prudencesmom Tue 06-Nov-12 13:37:33

Its a trendy sport for men who want to be trendy and cool.
Dontcha know? Also a sport only for rich men and those men who want to look like they are rich. It is also an escape mode for men who wish to get a break from their wives/children i.e. golf weekends.
HTH grin

SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 06-Nov-12 13:43:51

I thought that's why I have an Xbox? Don't tell me I have to get slacks and polo shirts and pull a bag of metal sticks around for hours on end! Waaaa!

cantspel Tue 06-Nov-12 13:45:20

I fail to see why so many people watch it on tv. A fat bloke in a dodgy jumper hits a ball and then spends 30 minutes walking after it whilst some poor sod chases after him carrying a very large bag with dozens of lumps of wood sticking out of it.

squeakytoy Tue 06-Nov-12 13:50:40

women can play golf too you know... smile

cantspel Tue 06-Nov-12 13:52:47

yeah and they still wear dodgy jumpers

prudencesmom Tue 06-Nov-12 13:56:42

Tiger Woods - need I say more. Although he had fun playing golf confused
Yes you have to get all the attire and all the accessories that go with playing the godawful game. So after you purchase all these silly things, < that cost hundreds of pounds> you proceed to the golf club bar and get drunk and talk shite. Hard work eh?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 06-Nov-12 13:57:29

YABU not to understand it. It's a very simple game where the objective is to get a small ball from a start point into a hole some distance away by means of hitting it with a club as few times as possible. It's a game of skill rather than strength and the challenge is as much against yourself and the course as your opponent. Much more fun to play than to watch.

SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 06-Nov-12 13:59:30

I don't like your attitude cogito...

Tweasels Tue 06-Nov-12 14:02:03

I disagree Cogito. It's not simple, it's really fucking complicated. My friend/work colleague tells me about it every day against my wishes. It's BORING and has different rules for different things and its shit. And that is my intelligent articulate take on it.

Ohwisebeardydaddyman. YANBU

SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 06-Nov-12 14:06:43

I like your attitude tweasels grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now