Talk

Advanced search

to think that the whole js scandal has far wider implications for 'Great Britain'

(40 Posts)
britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 13:09:43

People must be questioning how a nation could propel someone so high & ignore so many innocent victims. Victims passed around politicians & royalty, favours done in exchange for silence. So sickening & so sad. Even the home secretary said this morning that she had heard rumours at the time, but as it was the pm nothing was done. Police ignored cries for help because they were involved leading to victims killing themselves. People who wrote this years ago were labelled as crazy but now every 'friend' of js has to ruled out & many of them can't be. Makes me so sad. David Icke was labelled as crazy, yet he was one of the people naming names. Victims were labelled as crazy yet that is exactly why they were chosen because they knew none would believe them. Victims abused live on tv & in front of people that should've helped them Esther. I for one have stopped ignoring conspiracy theories, why on earth was he given a medal & involved in peace talks for Israel or put in charge of broad moor!? A man that started out as a violent doorman.The whole thing is so sickening & so very sad.

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 13:14:49

Im sure this thread will probably have to disappear but I had to write it down.

rainonmyparade Tue 06-Nov-12 13:17:36

YANBU

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 13:22:45

Thankyou rain .
He got his knighthood because of his friendship with one of the Queens sons. Can you really be that close to someone & not know?

Justforlaughs Tue 06-Nov-12 13:26:19

It was the pm? really? I haven't heard that. YANBU to think that it has huge implications for the country, but I hate the trial by media that's going on now.

Justforlaughs Tue 06-Nov-12 13:28:05

I do think that it's perfectly possible to be "that near someone and not know", how many women find out that their hsband/ partner has been involved in abuse?

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 13:28:17

Look up pms in the 70's sad

Lottapianos Tue 06-Nov-12 13:33:10

I watched Channel 4 news the other night when they were talking about JS basically being given free rein to do what he like in Broadmoor. A high security psychiatric hospital! What the actual jeff was going on? shock Just how on earth could this have happened?

And how on earth did he become such a 'well-loved' and famous TV figure? He had absolutely no talent whatsoever from what I can see apart from wittering on with torturous nonsense non-stop and leching at every woman in sight. So how on earth did he become one of the BBC's biggest stars? I think it was a combination of an extremely domineering menacing personality and having loads of dirt on loads of people

Sorry for all the outraged questions - I sound like the Daily Mail blush

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 13:44:56

How did he get a knighthood or a medal from Israel?! He was dangerously connected

drizzlecake Tue 06-Nov-12 14:22:44

It's very hard to go back to the social attitudes of the past. They sound crazy in a more open time like now.

But I was listening to the man being interviewed on pm last night who was abused at the N Wales children's home. And, from what he said he was put there because he was 3/4 deaf (deaf in one ear and half deaf in the other). Not a major disability in modern thinking but then he was shut up in a home!!!!! With the agreemet of his DPs!!!!!! Though of course they didn't know of any abuse there. He'd been truanting and probably got into some trouble - but THAT was enough to get him shut into a home!!

And the biggy is - everyone thought that was fine.

So it's hard to turn back the clock.

Not to say that i think anything is ok just making the point. I hope any abusers are jailed as soon as poss (as they are getting on now or already dead).

Now the abusers just go to Thailand or India for their vicitms. But we sort of swtich off about that. We could all be marching in the streets and trying to get something done, though it is harder if it's a different country.

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 14:44:15

I agree with you drizzle cake. I was thinking about my own childhood back then. I was privately fostered. My DM was told of a couple in the area who took in kids and handed my sister and I over. Fortunately they were a nice elderly couple but I could never or would ever be allowed to do anything like that. Different times yes but I just don't understand people's attitudes. Pm was gay and it was socially accepted that he was a bit 'different' but the extent to which people turned a blind eye is shocking.

mutny Tue 06-Nov-12 14:51:53

What do you mean by 'pm'?

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 14:55:29

Sorry The 'PM' in the 70's. dead now but still have to be careful.

britainsruined Tue 06-Nov-12 14:59:47

On here I mean for fear of deletion!

FunBagFreddie Tue 06-Nov-12 15:02:34

I've always dismissed anything that David Icke says as crazy man's talk, especially the stuff on famous people abusing children. Tbh I always thought that people went on about this because of some sick, sordid fantasy of their own.

I'm not sure now. The recent revelations have made me see things in a very different light and I don't think anyone can be trusted.

mutny Tue 06-Nov-12 15:04:39

But which PM, there was more than one. I don't get why you are being so secretive. MN won't delete a post saying someone was gay or and abuser if its well known.

This is really strange.

HipHopOpotomus Tue 06-Nov-12 15:08:59

I think the knock on effect of the whole JS affair will be as far reaching and fundamentally altering to the way we look at and and treat sexual abuse/sexism media privilege etc, as Stephen Lawrence's death & subsequent investigation was for the police/instituionalised racism.

Mrsjay Tue 06-Nov-12 15:18:24

I do think this will go on and on and yes it has really out great Britian in a new light these cover ups of awful terrible abuse will need to come out the pm first name began with a T allegedly , these people in a poisition of power baffle me that they got away with it but they did, people warn us of the dangers of internet grooming and how anonomous (spelling) paedophilles are but this all happened in days before they could communicate behind screens and still abuse and exploit children it is just horrible and so distressing

yanbu

Mrsjay Tue 06-Nov-12 15:19:53

oh Peter sutcliffe has been recorded saying jimmy saville was a decent bloke hmm

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 06-Nov-12 15:22:13

Are you trying to name and shame Ted Heath OP?

In answer to your AIBU...no, I don't think that anyone today is going to think badly of the UK because of offences that happened 30 or 40 years ago. They'd have every right to think badly of us if nothing had changed in the interim, if improvements in child protection hadn't been made and if criminal activities were still being covered up.

iismum Tue 06-Nov-12 15:22:37

I don't think it's necessarily sinister that he became such a big star and got a knighthood. Lots of talentless people get to front popular tv shows and become big stars, and the combination of big star and lots of charity work is plausible for a knighthood. But all the talk about having the run of Broadmoor, Stoke Newington hospital, etc., is just weird. How could this happen? How could he have so much dirt on so many people that he could get away with it? Wasn't there any senior person with a past that wasn't so dirty they could be blackmailed into covering up such terrible things? So many people must have been involved or at least known about it - and whilst any single person speaking out about it would have been laughed at, several people together must have been taken seriously - but no one said anything.

And the thing with David Icke is that he is a nutter - he believes in a master race of lizards! How could he be the only person that spoke out? How did he even know? It's all very, very weird.

Mrsjay Tue 06-Nov-12 15:26:57

! How could he be the only person that spoke out? How did he even know? It's all very, very weird.

well he did work at the Bbc for a long time before he believed in the Lizard people if only he didn't start spouting about lizards maybe people would have believed him before JS died ,

FunBagFreddie Tue 06-Nov-12 15:27:07

That's the thing Cognito, what else has been covered up? Also, it's not as though child abuse stopped in the 1980's. Similar things could be happening today.

iismum, you're right, how come David Icke is the only person to speak out on this? It's also interesting that he had a career as a sports commentator and was involved in politics with the Green Party. Perhaps he has a fairly good idea about what goes on in these fields.

Mrsjay Tue 06-Nov-12 15:29:12

you know I was never one for conspiracy theories or anything like that but after all this you never know what or who to believe, I am glad the welsh care homes is being investigated again

HarlotOTara Tue 06-Nov-12 15:29:20

I was a child in the 70s and was sexually abused -it really was something that was never talked about, child abuse was only really in the public eye with the advent of Childline, I remember it very clearly. We have come a long way since then, Bill Wyman was having sex with a 14 year old Mandy Smith in the 80s and I don't remember anyone questioning it. That would definitely not happen today - there would be an outcry.

Paedophiles groom their victims but also have a need to be seen as wonderful individuals by the people surrounding children, getting the trust of adults etc. I know of cases where I live where upstanding members of the community have been found to be paedophiles and everyone is shocked and disbelieving because the individual was so good and kind etc.etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now