Talk

Advanced search

fireworks starting at this time of night

(14 Posts)
smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 22:40:38

I was expecting fireworks this evening it is bonfire night after all, I even stood in the garden earlier watching them but that was at 8pm it has been quiet since then until now!

I've just got into bed and they've started, the really loud kind that are more noise than actual firework.

AIBU to be really pissed off that someone has waited until 10.30pm to set off fireworks when I and most other people have to be up for work in the morning, the dog is going mad so ill have to stay up with her till it stops angry

I probably abu but I've been up since 5.30am and have to be up at 6 in the morning

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 22:45:33

I'm totally relaxed about these things and in turn so is my dog and my kids grin

But YANBU at all

It's been quiet here for ages and now all of a sudden someone's stared letting them off.

Why at this time of night do they start?

And more importantly are you my neighbour? shock

gobbledegook1 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:46:17

YANBU! Still a few going off round here too so any hope of getting my dog out for his last pee of the night is almost none existent.

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 22:47:51

I've been trying to get my dog in for the last 20 minutes

He's transfixed on the sky...I'm just waiting for him to say "Oooh and ahhh" grin

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 22:50:29

The dog is usually fine so am not sure why she has suddenly decided that fireworks are scary, think its because it was quiet then suddenly there was this almighty bang that sounded like a gunshot, we both jumped and now she can't settle.

I don't remember fireworks being this loud, they seem to make more noise this year.

Don't think your my neighbour worra, my neighbours an arse grin

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 22:53:09

dog was actually in the garden with me earlier watching them and wasnt bothered, the ones going of now really are excessively loud

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 22:54:16

<< Waves over fence >> grin

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 22:54:56

But yes, they do get much louder every year.

Some of them rattle the windows.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 22:58:15

<<Peers out window to check that worra isn't leaning over the fence>>

Your only my neighbour if you obsess over a parking space and call the police everytime someone walks past your house

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 23:03:12

Hmmm that' doesn't sound like me?

Has your neighbour ever set your shed on fire by accident?

Just askin like....

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 23:06:23

Or....

Has your neighbour ever asked you for the recipe of the meal you cook every Tuesday and told you it smells gorgeous?

Only for you to stare blankly and tell her you boil your DH's work overalls every Tuesday?

Again...just askin like.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 23:08:09

Nope shed still standing, she did once steal my door mat because she found it insulting, it had a dog on it and she is a crazy bitch has cats

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 23:10:11

I actually just snorted hot chocolate out of my nose grin

Your definatly not my neighbour but ill glad swap, you sound like much more fun

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 05-Nov-12 23:10:49

*gladly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now