Talk

Advanced search

To want the world to stop for a while

(3 Posts)
Onebadbackandalostpelvicfloor Mon 05-Nov-12 21:56:32

I am really struggling to balance full time work, being a mum, running a house and living with a debilitating chronic pain disorder while trying to 'nurse' a husband who has slipped a disc in his back and has a serious pain in his arse (from sciatica not from me kicking him in it...)

I have just had a week off work but I hated it, I didn't rest, I didn't stop, I didn't smile, I just wanted to be left alone and told I could just leave the world for a while.

I've lost 'me' I've lost the plot quite frankly. I can't go sick because I will lose my job and I have limited a/l left all of which has been allocated to cover the school holidays between now and April.

AIBU to want the world to stop for a while, just so I can at least stop my head spinning?

TimothyTumblespring Mon 05-Nov-12 22:00:27

I sympathise with you. I often find myself screaming, "Stop the world, I want to get off!" And I have much less to deal with on a daily basis than you do.
I find it really helps me to take pleasure in simple things and also to do something for myself everyday. This can be something very small, like having an extra biscuit with my tea or taking five minutes to put some nice hand cream on.

Good luck.

lovebunny Mon 05-Nov-12 22:50:53

yes. i've been telling myself this all week. if the world would stop, for other people, for a few weeks, and let me catch up and get a little ahead, i'd be fine. this 'not being in control' stuff is terrible for me. i want to keep all the plates spinning but there are so many now i can't even see where they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now