McHappyPants2012 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:02:53

I would still be your friend.

hhhhhhh Mon 05-Nov-12 22:03:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 05-Nov-12 22:04:03

YANBU, and would still be my friend.

Good luck ttc OP

goingupinsmoke Mon 05-Nov-12 22:05:01

I would be your friend - text her back check she is OK maybe if she knew your reasons for saying no she would be fine!

CrapBag Mon 05-Nov-12 22:05:30

I would be. Just because you are a doctor doesn't mean you should go rushing around there when someone is ill. If she is worried she should make an appointment with her GP.

Especially with CP and adults not having had it.

porridgewithalmondmilk Mon 05-Nov-12 22:06:35

Good luck TTC, I wouldn't be remotely offended if I was your friend smile

Pancakeflipper Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:14

You would still be my friend. I wouldn't be stewing on it. I probably would be too busying googling images of chicken pox to text you... Give her a ring tomorrow and check on how things are.
Lots of luck with your appointment.

hhhhhhh Mon 05-Nov-12 22:10:04

HeathRobinson Mon 05-Nov-12 22:14:35

You'd still be my friend.

I have a friend who's an ex-paediatric nurse. I kind of went out of my way not to ask her stuff because I didn't want to bother her, just because she'd been a nurse. Didn't seem right.

Toughasoldboots Mon 05-Nov-12 22:16:53

I used to get asked to do this and I was only a nurse. I avoided it at all costs- too much responsibility if you get it wrong.

Hopefully your friend is just busy, it would be really unfair to drop you over this.

Themumsnot Mon 05-Nov-12 22:17:34

I have friends who are doctors. I really try hard not to ask them medical stuff because I don't think it is fair. And I would definitely not be taking offence if I were your friend.

BooyhooRemembering Mon 05-Nov-12 22:17:56

i'd still be your friend.

my mum's a midwife and previously a children's nurse. i have called her in the past to ask about things wRT the dcs being sick but i tell her i dont want her to come over. it's too much of a risk that she could carry something into all those new babies and mums.

Icelollycraving Mon 05-Nov-12 22:20:14

Yanbu. Good luck with the fertility treatment.

lovebunny Mon 05-Nov-12 22:48:05

hmm. i wouldn't be your friend, friends are against my principles. but i don't think that anything you did was wrong and i would totally understand if an acquaintance said that to me.

MumofWombat Tue 06-Nov-12 00:18:00

My MIL is a nurse, and actively discourages making diagnosis and giving advice to close friends and family as she feels it crosses boundaries. One of my best friends is a GP, but again I wouldn't discuss my or my families health with her in anything other than general conversation.
Of course an emergency is a different situation, anyone would do what they could to help then, but perhaps in the long run this current situation might help you to draw the line between being a good friend and being a personal physician on call 24 hours a day!
By to answer your question you were not bu to not go round, and if she is a good friend then she should understand and not be offended in the slightest.

ripsishere Tue 06-Nov-12 00:38:35

Of corse YANBU.
I'd be your friend still.
Good luck with the treatment.

MammaTJ Tue 06-Nov-12 05:02:08

YANBU, your friend will be fine.

Pay for you DH to have the vaccination though, it is a hideous illness to get as an adult.

HalloweenNameChange Tue 06-Nov-12 05:15:58

course not!

hhhhhhh Tue 06-Nov-12 22:03:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now