Talk

Advanced search

To think, actually, you dont steal sweets from children?

(19 Posts)
EleanorHandbasket Mon 05-Nov-12 20:28:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EleanorHandbasket Mon 05-Nov-12 20:30:03

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 05-Nov-12 20:31:43

How you haven't so far is a mystery to most of us grin

Meglet Mon 05-Nov-12 20:31:50

That's a bit cheeky actually. Taking sweets off other peoples kids isn't on.

I take all the sweets and chocolate out of my kids party bags and eat the chocolate myself, the sweets get taken to my office and shared out.

OHforDUCKScake Mon 05-Nov-12 20:32:33

Kill her dead!!!

Or, just have a cuppa tea, forget about it and watch Eastenders?

EleanorHandbasket Mon 05-Nov-12 20:35:41

AllYoursBabooshka Mon 05-Nov-12 20:45:42

She sounds like an evil genius. grin

EleanorHandbasket Mon 05-Nov-12 20:48:37

AlwaysHoldingOnToStarbug Mon 05-Nov-12 20:50:14

YANBU! She should have not have stolen sweets from your children. That is your job.

ninah Mon 05-Nov-12 20:51:36

I just ate some halloween haribo and now I feel sick
I think your sister did you a massive favour op

Bogeyface Mon 05-Nov-12 20:52:35

I am confused.

You said you werent bothered that she took some from your kids but now you are fuming? I would have assumed that every parent involved would have had a good go at the kids sweets tbh!

I would have told her to pack it in when she was taking them in the first place as that is not on, and I dont see why she didnt just take a bag for herself.

EleanorHandbasket Mon 05-Nov-12 21:01:21

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 05-Nov-12 21:06:15

I do I'm afraid, quite shamelessly. I take any haribo (kids dont like them) birthday cake (they only eat the icing, which is a waste) and also I have the bag opening tax, ie if I open a bag for them, I get the first sweet, that encourages independence you see.
But other peoples kids, no, that's a step too far.

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 05-Nov-12 21:07:58

In my defence, I do at least wait until they have gone to bed before raiding the party bags for cake, they have a fair chance to eat it, not my fault if they forget. I do dread the day when they start liking haribo though, they are my fave

HorraceTheOtter Mon 05-Nov-12 22:08:15

WorraLiberty Mon 05-Nov-12 22:12:08

YANBU

But it's the same on MN at Easter, so many people saying they steal their kid's Easter eggs.

It makes me wonder if it's worth my buying them for kids if they're just going to go straight to the parents.

<< Grumpy >>

ninah Mon 05-Nov-12 22:13:28

I think of it as holding in trust for them

piprabbit Mon 05-Nov-12 22:16:35

It's fine to nick sweets off your own children, it's not on to nick sweets off other people even if they are children. Greedy cow.

BTW I enjoyed this tweet from @Scarymommy "Good mothers eat copious amounts of their children's Halloween candy to prevent future tooth decay." It's for their own good grin.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Mon 05-Nov-12 22:28:33

This is actually a very touchy subject in our family just now - my neice has Asperger's and various other "spectrum" (for want of the long involved descriptions) things and was placed in a separate unit at school, supposedly for extra support and with trained staff etc etc.
One of the staff put a sweet on his desk and told her if she finished the work sheet she could have the sweet, and just as she finished, another staff member walked past, picked up the sweet and ate it in front of her. Then they laughed when she protested. She is 12, and weighs nigh on 14 stone and she kicked off big time sad It was fucking horrendous and by the time my parents got there she was totally in meltdown, past herself, and had trashed the classroom and decked the teacher because he'd then cornered her and laid hands on her sad it was a fucking disaster.
She is now at a much better school that can actually cope with her needs, and that actually has the trained staff the first place claimed to have but didn't but I guess you can see why sweetie stealing is a NO in our family confused
Give your sister a boot up the arse wink and tell your DCs her name is now Aunty Thieving CowBag grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now