Talk

Advanced search

Amazon Packaging AIBU

(9 Posts)
mumsfretter Mon 05-Nov-12 17:17:04

Just received a tiny childrens book, it's all of 8 pages and paper back. It was sent in a huge box with masses of brown paper.

AIBU to think that this is not acceptable and totally environmentally unfriendly.

pigletmania Mon 05-Nov-12 17:18:43

I was thinking that very thing. The same thing happenens to me. Big fuck off box, one tiny toy

WizzPopWizzBang Mon 05-Nov-12 17:21:04

Yep, they are pretty bad when sending small things.

Hmv are equally bad. Ordered 10 DVDs once and they sent each one individually, in their own box and everything.

squoosh Mon 05-Nov-12 17:22:14

You're not wrong. I once bought something small and quite unbreakable, think it might have been a whisk. It came in a huge box with literally metres of bubble wrap.

As they're so loathe to 'waste' their money paying taxes you think they'd be less reluctant to throw so much money away on packaging.

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Mon 05-Nov-12 17:22:43

i would send that in a jiffy bag or a book envelope. smile

OddBoots Mon 05-Nov-12 17:24:18

let them know smile

booksandchoc Mon 05-Nov-12 17:26:02

Unfortunately it's a computer system which decides what packaging it's sent in, so the packer is probably as perplexed as u as to why it's so stupidly packed (used to work in an amazon warehouse)

mumsfretter Mon 05-Nov-12 17:39:22

I think I will let them know thank you for the link Oddboots.

PoppyWearer Mon 05-Nov-12 17:41:46

YANBU.

I was also baffled by the M&S Outlet packaging - which is "powered by Amazon". A pair of baby trousers arrived in Amazon book/DVD packaging, a cardboard sleeve.

Countless huge boxes from Amazon for small items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now