Talk

Advanced search

to think that this is oversharing and unnecessary?

(27 Posts)
PeggyCarter Mon 05-Nov-12 16:48:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Twiddles Mon 05-Nov-12 16:51:29

Yawn !
If u dont like FB, then don't look !!

MyLastDuchess Mon 05-Nov-12 16:52:19

Oh a friend of mine posted regularly about the state of her son's nappies. I had to block her in the end. Quite a few friends posted not-very-subtle hints that we did not need to hear the gory details but she didn't take them. I have a son the same age as hers and didn't want to hear about dirty nappies either! (Son is now 2 and I have never posted a nappy-related update on Facebook, nor anything about my own toilet habits thanks very much grin)

pictish Mon 05-Nov-12 16:52:29

It's up to them innit?

If you think it's excessive then you don't have to post about it. They can if they like.

NEXT!

YANBU - one of the main reasons I gave up on baby groups is because the intimate details of other peoples children just aren't interesting. I just don't feel the need to share every tiny piece of information about DS with everyone I know.

quesadilla Mon 05-Nov-12 16:55:41

I agree with you. I can talk until the cows come home with my DH about such things but I have never thought it fair to inflict that on the world at large. There is a spectrum: some go to the opposite extreme and think its bad taste to post anything about kids at all on FB which I think is excessive in the other direction. But there is a line to be drawn and I would draw it at sharing details about my potty training activities. Its just self-indulgent.

PeggyCarter Mon 05-Nov-12 16:55:48

pictish Mon 05-Nov-12 16:57:52

Nope - I am not an offender in the least. I find that sort of stuff yawnsville - but anyone else can post whatever they see fit. Even those people who post endless photos of their pets.

FatimaLovesBread Mon 05-Nov-12 16:58:39

I have a friend who once posted about her infected fanjo stiches still troubling her 2 months after giving birth [vomit smiley]
She also posted a status about her husband farting in bed and following through confused
Why we need to know that I don't know. Adds some entertainment to facebook browsing i suppose amongst all the 'I have just hoovered', 'I've just cooked fish fingers and chips for my gorgus hubby' posts

OnwardBound Mon 05-Nov-12 16:59:47

Yep it's dull.

But I just skim over the boring posts and they don't really register anyway.

Twiddles Mon 05-Nov-12 17:01:25

Yawnsville, like that word !!
Ok, so U like FB, but dont like poo posts,
Yep, i get it, poo posts are a bit crap :0
i would just block their news feed ?i

PeggyCarter Mon 05-Nov-12 17:01:43

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Mon 05-Nov-12 17:02:36

YANBU at all.

A colleague once interrupted a meeting to tell me that his baby had just done his first poo on a potty. Um, thanks for sharing...

PeggyCarter Mon 05-Nov-12 17:03:06

Justforlaughs Mon 05-Nov-12 17:03:26

I love facebook, but seriously don't get some people's need to go into the gory details or even the plain boring ones about their lives. I just use it to chat to people, but each to their own. It doesn't bother me what people post as I never read any of it, if it worries you then block them.

ornellaia Mon 05-Nov-12 17:04:27

Nothing wrong with endless photo's of pets pictish shock. I don't post the DC's poo updates but I don't care if other people do. I find most FB updates are terribly dull though, I only really look at the ones from my funny/witty friends.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 05-Nov-12 17:05:29

One of the many reasons I don't 'do' facebook grin

I do think though, that if you are going to 'do' facebook, then you have to accept it's full of people who over share...

akaemmafrost Mon 05-Nov-12 17:05:29

I wouldn't have got past the first two words. My internal alarm goes off by then. I am not interested in the day to day minutiae of the life of a two year old. They can post if they like though, someone will be interested I am sure.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 05-Nov-12 17:07:42

Sounds like typical facebook twaddle.

Zzzzmarchhare Mon 05-Nov-12 17:47:35

Someone I went to school with puts up pictures of poo-nappy explosions, results of nappy free time etc. I deleted her.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 05-Nov-12 18:29:33

Now was it just a status? Because my colleague out an actual photograph of said poo in said potty! Now hidden from my FB feed!

ZillionChocolate Mon 05-Nov-12 18:50:47

Send them to STFU Parents

CuriousMama Mon 05-Nov-12 18:54:51

I really feel sorry for people who feel the need to write stuff like that. I can't believe what people share with random strangers or acquaintances?
I have a friend who kept a poo book, writing down every stool movement, texture and colour of her pfb. Nice hmm Thank God they didn't have FB in those days!

PeggyCarter Mon 05-Nov-12 19:04:12

lljkk Mon 05-Nov-12 19:36:07

it must be the class of folk you know on FB, the worst I get exposed to is too many pictures of cute kittens.

On FB all I do is mostly "Like" pictures of babies. Especially cousin who has 2 of the blighters all of 5 weeks old. Nice to admire from a distance without dealing with their bottoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now