Talk

Advanced search

To think if your toddler is noisily dragging a bar stool around a pub over and over again, you tell them to stop...

(13 Posts)
Hammy02 Mon 05-Nov-12 13:58:22

You don't video her on your mobile phone? This lasted about 20 minutes until they left the pub. Idiot parents seemed to think people were watching as it was cute. No. They are looking at you in shock as to how ignorant you are.

katiecubs Mon 05-Nov-12 14:13:13

Was it really that noisy? Maybe this is not ideal but maybe they were just trying to get out of the house and enjoy themselves for a bit and were more releived she wasn't screaming the place down.

WelshMaenad Mon 05-Nov-12 14:16:40

Tip your pint over its head.

<nods>

VonHerrBurton Mon 05-Nov-12 14:18:42

It's unacceptable in a coffee bar, a cafe, a restaurant - not just a pub. Dangerous and inconsiderate.

BupcakesAndCunting Mon 05-Nov-12 14:25:57

YANBU

My rule for DS is that if he is in a pub, he sits and behaves. A pub is an adult place, not a fucking Cheeky Chimpz soft play area!

Lottapianos Mon 05-Nov-12 14:27:57

Some people are utter twits. YANBU OP. I absolutely hate the sound of chairs scraping across the floor and would have gone absolutely potty after 20 minutes angry

RubyFakeNails Mon 05-Nov-12 14:30:22

Well done for sitting through 20 mins. I may have had to intervene.

I hate people who try and make everywhere child friendly.

No its a pub, sit in your seat and behave or do something that will not disrupt other customers.

lovelyladuree Mon 05-Nov-12 14:32:57

I just heartily detest toddlers now mine are grown into something resembling humans so I think YANBU. Pick your fights, though.

OHforDUCKScake Mon 05-Nov-12 14:33:14

I avoid pubs during the toddler stage. Its far too much like hard work. Its easy when they are babies or 3.5years+ but the toddler age, no thanks.

YANBU.

Indith Mon 05-Nov-12 14:34:30

Drives me mad.

You'd have also thought that if your children were the only ones playing in a play area and you were sitting right beside it and some children (ie YOURS) were throwing all the toys down the stairs in the playhouse you would tell them to stop. And when some other children went in you might tell them to stop then in case they hurt someone else. And when the small girl who had just gone in came out crying that someone had pushed her and she had been hit by toys being thrown down the stairs you might have the grace to tell your children to stop since they are STILL the only ones in there apart from teh girl and her brother so tehy are CLEARLY the ones to blame. But no. You wait until the girl's father tells them all off and makes them pick up the toys. Then you gather your children and leave.

I was very proud of my dh.

It was a national trust place. I'm amazed there wasn't a thread about some arse of a man daring to tell off the pfb or something.

JuliaScurr Mon 05-Nov-12 14:35:56

yabu
they were probably with the feckin eejits family in the pub carvery whose kids were climbing on seats and jumping to land millimetres from people eating, shaking tables with the violent force.
they were 'enjoying themselves'.

Mollydoggerson Mon 05-Nov-12 14:36:11

I don't think awake toddlers should be in pubs.

Basically any curious or noisy toddler should be taken out.

Hammy02 Mon 05-Nov-12 14:40:00

Thanks. Seems IANBU. The kid will probably think it is acceptable behaviour too seeing as the parents condoned it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now