Talk

Advanced search

PROSTATE, it is bloody PROSTATE...

(65 Posts)
corblimeymadam Mon 05-Nov-12 12:59:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mandy2003 Mon 05-Nov-12 13:01:32

A lady in front of me in the shop the other day has a son who suffers from Diabetes Melitosis!!

AmberNectarine Mon 05-Nov-12 13:01:33

YANBU - my mum is always talking about prostrate cancer and it makes me want to cry a little bit.

FredFredGeorge Mon 05-Nov-12 13:01:47

If it's bloody - please see a doctor, and consider asking your partner to be a little less rough.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 05-Nov-12 13:02:06

I get twitchy with masectomy....

TheCunningStunt Mon 05-Nov-12 13:02:46

I know someone who swears she had cataracts in her knee...

Depends what you're saying surely. Sometimes it will be prostrate

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 05-Nov-12 13:05:50

My friend talks about 'pacific' items.

"Shall I get you anything pacific for your birthday?"

Specific.

Grrr.

ChameleonCircuit Mon 05-Nov-12 13:07:31

My DH got it wrong so many times its known as the "laid out flat" gland. grin

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 05-Nov-12 13:08:04

Unless she's offering a Polynesian holiday of course. grin

Which she isn't. angry

RubyFakeNails Mon 05-Nov-12 13:10:31

I so say prostate correctly, but I didn't realise prostrate was a word! I nearly strain myself eye rolling when people say it.

fluffyraggies Mon 05-Nov-12 13:11:13

OK, i know this is not a play on words, but it always makes me laugh to remember ti:

My old gran, in her 90's, re-telling something she had heard at lunch club about one of their number who had passed away the day before. The story concluded with her saying, in all complete and total seriousness, and i will never forget this

" ..... yes, and when the doctor came, he said she had died because all her blood had turned to MILK!!!! "

grin

suburbandream Mon 05-Nov-12 13:15:36

Nearly as bad as those who get the train into London from my way - to St Pancreas

Haemadoots Mon 05-Nov-12 13:17:27

Fluffy grin

cozietoesie Mon 05-Nov-12 13:17:34

My mother (a teacher) once received a note from a parent apologizing for a child's non-attendance at school that morning due to 'Dire Rear'. We all thought that was pretty good really.

grin

toboldlygo Mon 05-Nov-12 13:21:07

"Have you a glass of prosciutto?"

"Prosecco?"

"No, you know, pruschetta. Just a glass, not a bottle."

mutny Mon 05-Nov-12 13:21:41

on another forum someone told me they were ill with 'newmoania'.

BeyondGoesOffWithABigBang Mon 05-Nov-12 13:22:06

Dire rear sounds quite accurate to me grin

mutny Mon 05-Nov-12 13:22:58

her blood turned to milk?

that made me smile, then wonder what the actual cause was. smile

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 05-Nov-12 13:25:36

My dad tried to order a pastis in a pub in Oxford and was told they don't do food.

doctordwt Mon 05-Nov-12 13:31:20

Always remember my mum explaining to my aunt with a suitable air of expertise that nowadays, children with difficulties at school were referred to as 'State Mented'... meaning that they were in the control of the State, and were mentored by them. She may even have said mented by them, which would also have got past my aunt with no problems.

<shakes head>

corblimeymadam Mon 05-Nov-12 13:49:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

multipoodles Mon 05-Nov-12 13:51:27

My poor Mum told everyone that Dad had prostrate trouble and her friend was on that HIV treatment and that had us all a bit worried until we chatted and it was actually HRT grin

CrazyRandomHappenstance Mon 05-Nov-12 13:53:30

My mum worked with a lady who used to sing along to the radio (quite loudly), one day singing along to Golden Brown this woman sings
"lays me down with my mashearons"
My mum was confused, apparently the woman refused to believe it was mind she runs but couldn't tell my mum what a Mashearon was either.

badbride Mon 05-Nov-12 14:04:58

@toboldlygo I was once accosted in the wine section of Sainsbury's by a lady wanting help to locate a bottle of Piney Greece for her friend. The friend had written her a list of bottles to get, with Piney Greece being item no. 1.

Took me about 10 mins to work out she wanted Pinot Grigio, and a further 30 secs to suppress the middle class urge to shriek: "How frightful! Wouldn't she prefer a 2007 Macon-Villages instead?" grin

Just as well I didn't have time to get to item 2 on the list smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now