Talk

Advanced search

to want to do this?

(10 Posts)
SillyBeardyDaddyman Mon 05-Nov-12 10:16:04

DS is asleep on my lap. He's 10mo and has dropped down to 1/2 naps a day. I don't want to wake him as he's only been asleep about 5 minutes, but there's an enormous bogey sticking out of his nose! I just want to reach over and remove it, but it might be dried on and if I pull it he might wake up!!!

Aibu to want to yank it out of his nose? I don't know that I can wait until he wakes up!!!

DawnOfTheDee Mon 05-Nov-12 10:17:38

Ooooh I couldn't wait....I love a good crusty one. Pick away..! grin

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Mon 05-Nov-12 10:18:07

Yank it!

I couldn't leave it there.

freddiefrog Mon 05-Nov-12 10:21:57

Have you got somewhere handy to put it?

DD2 once fell asleep on my lap. I pulled out what I thought was a little bogey which actually turned into the biggest bogey I've ever seen in my life. I have no idea how thing thing fitted into her tiny little nose, I actually paniced that I'd pulled her brains out or something.

Anyway, I pulled it out and then had to sit there for half an hour holding it until I could get out from underneath her without waking her up

SillyBeardyDaddyman Mon 05-Nov-12 10:21:57

It's big and green with black edges. I've no idea what he's been shoving up his nose this morning...

SufferingLampreys Mon 05-Nov-12 10:22:52

Now if you had picked at him more he would be used to it and wouldn't be disturbed grin blush

SillyBeardyDaddyman Mon 05-Nov-12 10:24:10

Good point freddie...

<looks around>

Erm, within reach I have 2 mobile phones, a duvet, 4 pillows, a sheet and my son...

Decisions, decisions...

SillyBeardyDaddyman Mon 05-Nov-12 10:28:21

Bugger.

He's rolled his head away from me! I can't see it anymore, but I know it's there, mocking me...

DawnOfTheDee Mon 05-Nov-12 10:40:53

He's not asleep you know. He's aware of your intention to pick the bogey so is stealthily preventing you from doing so.....

SillyBeardyDaddyman Mon 05-Nov-12 12:26:44

Had to wait for ds to wake up, but a successful bogeyectomy was performed! It was huge! Like an iceberg, only 10% was visible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now