Talk

Advanced search

To think this takes twigs and shit to a whole new level?

(39 Posts)
MummysHappyPills Sat 03-Nov-12 22:50:21

Nice! grin

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Sat 03-Nov-12 22:51:20

grin

SomewhereInCanada Sat 03-Nov-12 22:54:24

I hope the wood is dry, otherwise it will shrink and fall out of the frame. It would be first in line here if I ran out of firewood!

Bongaloo Sat 03-Nov-12 22:57:58

How much do they go for then?
I'm wondering whether it's worth putting some of DD's preschool nature collage masterpieces on ebay.

AgentZigzag Sat 03-Nov-12 22:58:07

I must have watched too many changing rooms when it was on because that's not too bad grin

I have no taste though.

pictish Sat 03-Nov-12 22:59:32

I quite like that - but I live in a quirky old house where that could work.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sat 03-Nov-12 23:02:07

What a waste of a good frame.

FUPPING idiots and worse the idiots that pay for this tripe.
FUPPING twiggy tripe idiots

I'll tell you where it works. On a tree OUTSIDE.

cartblanche Sat 03-Nov-12 23:04:04

Ummm. Not sure about that. If you actually managed to make that WELL it could look very nice. A bit different I think than buying a pile of twigs from the Poundshop or Next and sticking them in a vase.

pictish Sat 03-Nov-12 23:04:49

ooh no listen....I wouldn't buy it ffs!!!
I could do it myself.

This is the sort of thing I would make for my own house. I have bits of tree in my home already. grin

MummysHappyPills Sat 03-Nov-12 23:41:56

It's a bit like a mock window. An alternative of course could be an actual window, with a tree outside it.

CointreauVersial Sat 03-Nov-12 23:47:01

I don't actually hate that....

<no taste>

TodaysAGoodDay Sat 03-Nov-12 23:53:40

Handy if they have a wood-burning stove and run out of kindling grin

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Sat 03-Nov-12 23:56:40

I wouldn't buy it but if I could make it it would work in my hallway. But I dont have any taste and like lights and twigs in a vase.

AgentZigzag Sun 04-Nov-12 00:02:21

If you did it yourself it'd just end up looking like something off Blair Witch grin

mathanxiety Sun 04-Nov-12 01:17:30

You could get a squirrel and attach it to a branch to make it look more like a real tree. Or some birds.

SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Sun 04-Nov-12 01:22:48

I'd be imagining the branches coming alive, escaping from the frames and scrabbling visitors to death...

Cynner Sun 04-Nov-12 01:25:25

Forget the framey branches, I want that squirrel!

EIizaDay Sun 04-Nov-12 01:25:35

I would be so tempted to hang my undies on it to dry

VivaLeBeaver Sun 04-Nov-12 01:26:14

I'm surprised Pedlars don't sell them.

AgentZigzag Sun 04-Nov-12 01:29:56

The squirrel I'd gladly take into my home and find acorns for, the birds, probably not grin

You are a master of modern art Eliza?? I'm impressed. 'Twigs 'n' Shit with Pants Drying in the Hot Desert Air'? grin

cheekydevil Sun 04-Nov-12 06:51:32

Feckin squirrels with their twitchy noses and bushes tails. Dug up and ate 100 bulbs I put it the garden this year. I will have some stuffed ones to put on my twigs when I catch em.

LFCisTarkaDahl Sun 04-Nov-12 06:59:21

I quite like it too.

It would definitely work in my house.

musicalendorphins Sun 04-Nov-12 07:29:16

I like it, be good in a highrise office in a city, a reminder of nature.
Maybe I will make something like that for dh for work.

MummysHappyPills Sun 04-Nov-12 08:24:11

Well it appear that we are quite divided on this one, it would appear that twigs and shit can be acceptable, but only when mounted in a frame! <makes amendment to rule book> grin

But sorry I still can't bring myself to like it. It reminds me of these framed scenes that my mum used to put up in the 80s that had to be divided into 3 and hung in a row. They were all tasteful shades of pastel pink and grey with contrasting silhouetted twiggy branchy bits in the foreground....

pictish Sun 04-Nov-12 08:28:59

Agent - my house is decidedly Blair Witchy. grin

I actually hate sets of pictures. Sets of prints that all match and go in a row or whatever. Styling inspired by Argos.

But this I like because it's clean and raw, and a little bit bleak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now