Talk

Advanced search

To make an example of the next firework setter offer who wakes my child up or scares the feckin cats.

(133 Posts)
Raspberrysorbet Sat 03-Nov-12 21:47:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShushBaby Sat 03-Nov-12 21:50:59

Yanbu. Some of them are aggressively loud, I've become quite irate about it this evening to the point where I now believe fireworks sum up what is wrong with society...

Broken Britain! (wink - but you're still NBU)

Herrena Sat 03-Nov-12 21:52:25

Do you live near us?! We've got horrified cats but thankfully 2 sleeping children for now

MsVestibule Sat 03-Nov-12 21:53:14

Of course YABU - it's (sort of) Bonfire Night! These are the things I was annoyed about when my DCs were still having daytime naps:

- people beeping their car horns
- birds tweeting loudly
- the kids in the primary school opposite playing too loudly
- the announcer in Asda talking about their special offers at 150 decibels

This list is not exhaustive. I don't care that I was being unreasonable, they were fecking annoying!

topknob Sat 03-Nov-12 21:53:37

It is one night or two at the most a year, yabu...my cats are shut in as is the dog, my kids have never been woken by fireworks.

abbierhodes Sat 03-Nov-12 21:53:39

YABU. It's bonfire night. People are just having fun. I'm sorry it scares your child/pets, but it's not every night.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sat 03-Nov-12 21:53:51

YANBU. But please remember to stand well back during firework arse shoving.

Fakebook Sat 03-Nov-12 21:54:40

hmm, seriously, it's not like this has been sprung upon you out of the blue.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sat 03-Nov-12 21:54:40

It is not bonfire night. It is November 3rd.

cheekydevil Sat 03-Nov-12 22:00:30

It would be safer to have the firework in a biscuit tin before shoving up their arse

PeggyCarter Sat 03-Nov-12 22:02:51

PeggyCarter Sat 03-Nov-12 22:03:59

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 22:06:01

sorry but i dont buy this whole "it's bonfire night, you knew it was coming, it's only a few nights a year" why does that make it ok to subject people and particularly children to a night of broken sleep due to huge loud bangs. if it's unacceptable to set off fireworks outside someones house any other time of year then it should be unacceptable tonight. by all means, have a bonfire but fireworks really should be banned. they look pretty in the sky for approximately 0.5 seconds. hardly worth all the injuries and terror they cause.

Fakebook Sat 03-Nov-12 22:06:46

You can be prepared for it, and stop complaining. Put the bloody cats in a quiet room. Give the children earplugs or put some songs on in the room.

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 22:08:09

", my kids have never been woken by fireworks. "

oh well that's ok then. hmm as long as your kids are unaffected it's fine.

alphabite Sat 03-Nov-12 22:08:43

Fgs it happens a few nights each year. People are enjoying them. YABU. I hate them but they aren't doing anything wrong.

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 22:09:07

how can you put cats in a quiet room when the fireworks are heard throughout the whole house? do you have an underground bunker? confused

PeggyCarter Sat 03-Nov-12 22:11:21

pictish Sat 03-Nov-12 22:11:24

I love fireworks and I think there should be more of them.
POW POW POW...squeeeeeeeeeeee...POW POW POW...squeeeeeeeeeee...THUD! squeeeeeeeeee....

Brilliant.

PeggyCarter Sat 03-Nov-12 22:13:06

TuftyFinch Sat 03-Nov-12 22:13:42

I used to hate this time of year in London, it was every-night for weeks. Where we live now I've never heard any private (in gardens rather than organised) fireworks.
Sorry you're having a horrible night. I would ban the sale if fireworks in shops. When I'm leader of the world I will.

threesocksfortheguy Sat 03-Nov-12 22:15:10

yabu
it is the weekend of fireworks.
although I am surprised that people have money to waste on them

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 22:15:20

<votes for tufty>

TuftyFinch Sat 03-Nov-12 22:18:56

Thanks Booyhoo. That's 74 votes now so I think I'm probably in the lead.

LadyBeagle Sat 03-Nov-12 22:19:41

I hate how fireworks upset pets.
I like fireworks, but I wish they could be kept to November 5th or the weekend nearest that.
And I'm with Tufty, ban the sale of them in shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now