Talk

Advanced search

To have been thoroughly cheered up by this?

(17 Posts)
featherbag Sat 03-Nov-12 21:00:01

I've just watched an incredibly drunk 40+ man try unsuccessfully to walk up a road while keeping his trousers up - they kept falling down, he kept falling over, doing a pretty impressive turtle-on-back impression then getting up and starting all over again. Before the wall he was using to keep himself upright suddenly turned into a sloping drive which he fell into. I've just finished a 13 hour shift, was a bit fed up, and this has made me titter muchly! From bitter experience I knew not to approach him, but did call the police (who also giggled quite a bit) to go scoop him up. IANBU, am I? Or am I just a wicked person?!

bitsofmeworkjustfine Sat 03-Nov-12 21:01:04

nah, have a good laugh, you'll probaly see him on your next shift!

honeytea Sat 03-Nov-12 21:02:41

YABU having problems with alcohol is not something to laugh at sad

redexpat Sat 03-Nov-12 21:10:25

You called the police so he'll be looked after. Giggle away!

MrsCantSayAnything Sat 03-Nov-12 21:25:02

I would have been sad and worried about him.

Arthurfowlersallotment Sat 03-Nov-12 21:28:46

I'm with MrsCan't. It would have made me sad.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sat 03-Nov-12 21:29:02

I would have laughed too - but done something to help him (as you did), drunk people are funny.

Not everyone that's drunk has 'a problem' or needs people to be 'sad & worried' about them FGS. If he does, yes, it's a shame and clearly he should get some help - but it doesn't need to be the default thought.

ScarahStratton Sat 03-Nov-12 21:31:40

What Chipping said.

KittyFane1 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:32:37

I hate seeing this kind of thing.
A 20 something at 3am in the morning outside a nightclub, covered in vomit = immature, stupid idiot.
A 40 something, early evening, trying to get home, on their own= sad and desperate (possibly alcoholic).
You're mean to laugh but you called the police so no, you're not wicked!!

honeytea Sat 03-Nov-12 21:36:42

It is a problem that the man couldn't get himself home safely, so I would say he has a problem with alcohol, even if it's a once a week/month/year thing.

cheekydevil Sat 03-Nov-12 22:11:34

I went to a circus last week and one of the main acts was someone pretending to be drunk and fall over (acrobat). Although I didn't find it amusing most of the audience did. I think a drunk man has been a sauce of entertainment since the big screen (or maybe since alcohol invented?)
I don't find alcohol dependants funny in any way (a lot of reasons not to) but I think if it cheered her up after a slog of a shift then she is not hurting anyone is she?
Can't be arsed with the prof offended clan.

MadamFolly Sat 03-Nov-12 22:14:47

I once spent a very enjoyable afternoon at a festival sat outside a beer tent.

It was at the top of a hill and very muddy so the steep hill was basically a slide.

Drunk comes out of tent, slides comically (often on arse) all way down hill.

Repeat x100

foslady Sat 03-Nov-12 22:14:51

I'd be thinking of the people at home who'd be having to sort out the mess.....

Kalisi Sat 03-Nov-12 22:24:58

The fact that he was 40+ and alone would make it hard for me to find it funny. However, you called the police whereas I probably wouldn't have so you redeemed your reasonablness!

featherbag Sat 03-Nov-12 22:31:55

Thank you all for your judgements, going to take my perfectly reasonable self off to bed as I have another monster shift starting in 9 hours!

AgentZigzag Sat 03-Nov-12 22:39:02

Agree with chipping too.

There's no doubt this bloke has got a problem, he can't get up the fucking hill! grin

He looks happy though.

NettoSpookerstar Sat 03-Nov-12 22:44:33

Do you live where I do? grin
You have to laugh, or you'd cry.

And as for slippy wet hill, that would be me + beer when I went to the Belgian Grand Prix a few years back, got very drunk slightly tipsy, and fell down the hill publicly, many times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now