Talk

Advanced search

to respond to this

(29 Posts)
easyliving Sat 03-Nov-12 18:02:49

I found a post on a male friends facebook status.
Really shouldn't let kids or holiday park decide where we should be at certain times of day. Also going home early so I can sleep in spare room as baby doesn't seem to grasp the concept of sleep at night not day.
Baby is only 6 weeks old so of course she is still waking at night.
Also not sure about 1st bit. Especially as I don't know what it was about. Certainly if I pay to stay at a holiday park with kids and entertainment is included we want to make use of it. Surely also holidays are about keeping kids happy once you have a family.
Perhaps I need to ring friend and offer support.

whatatwat Sat 03-Nov-12 18:04:25

Eh?

RyleDup Sat 03-Nov-12 18:06:37

I don't understand. Why would you post your friends comment here and ask a bunch of strangers, rather than ring your friend and asking him yourself?

B1ueberryJam Sat 03-Nov-12 18:07:25

What did you see on your male friend's status??

Was in in a holiday park with you at the same time and he put up something on fb about children in holiday parks?? have i got that right? hang on though, who is the friend you are going to ring and offer support to?

confused

whois Sat 03-Nov-12 18:07:47

easyliving what??

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sat 03-Nov-12 18:08:13

<Head tilt>

B1ueberryJam Sat 03-Nov-12 18:09:18

ah. i think i have it. this is the husband of somebody who has a 6 week old baby. he is bitching and griping on fb about how the holiday revolved around the baby and this is not soemthing he's happy about. You feel concerned for his wife?

if that's right then i agree with you, ring his wife. her husband sounds like he might be adding to what is a difficult time.

IslaValargeone Sat 03-Nov-12 18:09:45

Joins the ranks of the confused?

Groovee Sat 03-Nov-12 18:10:02

eh?

DeepPurple Sat 03-Nov-12 18:10:24

Come again?

RyleDup Sat 03-Nov-12 18:11:22

Oh I see, blueberry..
Ring his wife then op and check she's ok. Offer a bit of sisterly support!

ArthurShappey Sat 03-Nov-12 18:11:40

I do wish people would read their posts before posting... OP, what on earth do you mean?

DeepPurple Sat 03-Nov-12 18:12:30

Come again?

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 18:14:30

erm, what were you thinking of saying in response? confused

B1ueberryJam Sat 03-Nov-12 18:14:44

Should I be working at Bletchly Park?!

easyliving Sat 03-Nov-12 18:29:40

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I guess I am concerned for them both. They have 3 older dc and newborn so I guess things are tough.
However, I don't feel ranting on facebook is going to help. If I was the wife I would be mortified.
Although I suppose the same could be said for me posting here. I guess i am looking for advice about what to say to them both.

B1ueberryJam Sat 03-Nov-12 18:32:01

Maybe a holiday was over ambitious, with three small children and a baby.

It's hard not to revolve all decisions no matter how minor around a baby because otherwise you have to put up with crying or a baby that is awake all night...........

What did he expect really?

Everlong Sat 03-Nov-12 18:32:10

Too tired to try and get that, sorry.

PramFaceBuggyBrain Sat 03-Nov-12 18:32:37

I wouldn't think anything of it. Having a 6 week old is tough and people do resent the imposition that brings. Let him have a rant. There's no harm and it might do him some good.

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 18:32:47

well you're not his wife and it's not really up to you to decide whether ranting on FB is appropriate for SOMEONE ELSE!

advice on what to say? erm SFA. i'd think you were a interefering cow if you said something to me about that.

ArthurShappey Sat 03-Nov-12 19:48:45

Okay I'm still not quite getting it? Why do you feel you have to say something to either of them?

porridgewithalmondmilk Sat 03-Nov-12 19:51:47

Obviously I don't know them but I would take the comment about the baby not knowing night/day as a joke?

missymoomoomee Sat 03-Nov-12 21:58:49

I think you are over-reacting a bit to a jokey post.

I would be more mortified if a friend called me all concerned because my DH made a joke about a 6 week old baby not grasping the concept of sleeping at night tbh.

BooyhooRemembering Sat 03-Nov-12 22:00:10

i'd be mortified for the person that called.

Scheherezade Sat 03-Nov-12 22:01:34

It could just be a joke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now