Talk

Advanced search

to think Amazon's near perfection is completely ruined by their fucking awful courier service?

(29 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 03-Nov-12 17:04:25

Yodel are shit.

UPS not much better.

I love Amazon but my retail joy is marred by courier rage.

RobotLover68 Sat 03-Nov-12 17:04:54

YANBU

freddiefrog Sat 03-Nov-12 17:06:23

YANBU

Amazon deliver via DPD here and they are so shit I'm on an Amazon ban until they stop using them

RarelyUnreasonable Sat 03-Nov-12 17:07:53

Yanbu. My delivery today was chucked over the gate into the wet garden.

And the boxes they use are FAR too big!

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 03-Nov-12 17:08:20

And it's nearly black friday. So I can't boycot them.

whois Sat 03-Nov-12 17:29:45

Don't get me started on Yodel!

AnnieLobeseder Sat 03-Nov-12 17:32:57

You'd think with all the money they haven't paid in tax, they could afford a decent courier service. Isn't MN boycotting Starbucks for tax avoidance at the mo? Amazon should be on the list too.

But, come Christmas shopping, were else can I turn?! grin

Tee2072 Sat 03-Nov-12 17:33:15

Unfortunately all delivery companies are shit in some manner.

SauvignonBlanche Sat 03-Nov-12 17:33:57

YANBU, I agree.

StrawberrytallCAKE Sat 03-Nov-12 17:34:41

I bloody love amazon, the delivery company they use here have always been really good.

What is black Friday and what does it involve?

BackforGood Sat 03-Nov-12 17:36:13

er - same here - I've never had any problems with deliveries.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Sat 03-Nov-12 17:36:58

I'm on the Wirral and we always have pretty good service, but most deliveries come through one little old man who drives a very old estate car and knows everyone and will phone you to check you're in - he's fab and one of the biggest reasons I will never move ha ha

If he ever retires I will cry!

winemakesmeclever Sat 03-Nov-12 17:39:01

I normally hate it when they use Yodel etc but recently I ordered something that came using Amazon's own delivery service. The driver not only left a card (that's how I knew it was Amazon itself) but also rang me on my mobile to ask me where I would like the package left as it was raining. I was, for once, a bit impressed smile

lobba Sat 03-Nov-12 17:39:21

YANBU, I ordered two books, received the email allowing me to track them but when I clicked on the link it said they had been delivered which they hadn't. I contacted customer services who said that on their system it was showing as 'unable to find address' - we are a new build but it's getting beyond a joke that courier companies can't find us. Anyway, I gave detailed directions, a couple of days later the books still hadn't arrived so I cancelled the order and got a refund. A week later some random woman turned up with my books! Needless to say I sent her packing!

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 03-Nov-12 17:40:19

Black friday. Week of November 29th. The most fun internet shopping for random 'useful' stuff ever.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 03-Nov-12 17:40:34

19th not 29th.

mutny Sat 03-Nov-12 17:44:25

I am west Yorkshire and never had a problem. Ever. Although I am not sure who they use here.

I live on a new build estate (there are only 6 liveable houses) and they haven't had any issues finding us.

ElectricMonk Sat 03-Nov-12 19:40:10

YANBU! I haven't ordered from them since they stopped giving us the option of paying extra for 1st class ROYAL MAIL delivery (now 1st class can be any courier). Couriers are very inconvenient for me, whereas missed deliveries from Royal Mail just involve a minor detour the next time I go food shopping. Also, I don't want to support certain courier companies since finding out from their staff how badly they can be treated.

I have a word document containing a message I send to them every time I pay more elsewhere to buy from a seller who does offer Royal Mail delivery. Each time I send it, I either get a fobbing-off or a very perplexing message saying that they are sorry I have been disappointed with Royal Mail's delivery service and a note has been made of my complaint... The message is extremely clear, so I don't understand how they keep misinterpreting it.

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Sat 03-Nov-12 20:13:12

Yanbu. <notes non delivery of parcels due to amazon locker today>

EuphemiaTwatslapper Sat 03-Nov-12 20:22:29

I much prefer it when they use a courier service - it's when they use the Royal Mail that things go pear shaped.

ilovesooty Sat 03-Nov-12 20:25:56

I'm in West Yorkshire and I always have my items delivered to work. No idea which courier it is but I've no complaints.

MargoLeadbettersfrock Sat 03-Nov-12 20:34:50

Amazon Prime - best thing ever.
No problems, always delivered next day.
I think it pays for itself in terms of petrol,parking etc

BeauNeidel Sat 03-Nov-12 20:37:10

YABU only because it very much depends on what the local couriers are like. I use Amazon all the time and have never had a problem.

Mind you, my local Yodel bloke is my next door neighbour grin

Soupqueen Sat 03-Nov-12 20:43:41

YANBU

Courier firm tries to deliver while I'm out at work. Cue wrangling with their Byzantine online/telephone automated systems to attempt to arrange a redelivery which more often than not doesn't turn up. Or can't be arranged on a Saturday, or delivered to a different address. Leaving the only option schlepping to their out of town depot which isn't on any public transport routes.

Royal mail tries to deliver while I'm out at work. I have options! Pick up from their centrally located, on bus routes depot or pay a small fee to have it redelivered to my local post office. Happy days.

Never had an issue with them really. In fact, I ordered a cot bedding bail set from them on Thursday and it was delivered yesterday. Love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now