Talk

Advanced search

to not buy a game that centers around cleaning up dog poo?

(23 Posts)
Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 14:22:16

All 3 dcs have asked for the game doggie doo... which basically revolves around scooping up playdoh poo that the dog squeezes out.

We have two dogs, im the only one that picks up after them and i really dont want to pay £20 for a game about dog poo!

What other naff games can you think of? or that generally disgust you

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 03-Nov-12 14:25:59

Hee hee have you seen the thread about dog poo. I certainly won't be buying the game !

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 14:27:25

I havent might have a hunt, its on all three's list. Pfft ss also wants the one shown on telly where they make "zombie barf" and drink it. I am mean mummy and wont be buying a dog poo game!

toomuch2young Sat 03-Nov-12 14:28:31

YANBU but they do seem to love anything like that!!
Budding MNers with a keen interest in dog poo grin at least they have to pick it up not kick it under the hedge as confessed by some MNers!!

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 14:32:01

Ewww,Although ive seen worse done with it. There are some seriously rank box set type toys out

Softlysoftly Sat 03-Nov-12 14:32:04

Yanbu but only because the reviews all say the poo gets stuck and it breaks on the 2nd or 3rd playing!

Shenanagins Sat 03-Nov-12 14:36:28

Yanbu it sounds vile.

Glittertwins Sat 03-Nov-12 14:39:48

Our two were fascinated by it for 5 mins. They then managed to get a small bug type toy stuffed up it which meant that the dog was surgically/terminally opened up to release the rattling bug then put in its final resting place, the kitchen bin.

Sagelyhaunting Sat 03-Nov-12 14:48:25

RIP Doggie Doo Doo smile

There is also the one with the exploding pig, the rubbish bin with the flies, Gooey Louie with the snot...

All not starring under our Christmas tree in the Sage household!

Sagelyhaunting Sat 03-Nov-12 14:50:00

Glitter did they shove it in his mouth or his arse, just out of interest?

Fenton Sat 03-Nov-12 14:58:11

My boys want that Doggie Doo game, they think it's hilarious hmm

I won't be buying it.

Also, not naff because it's revolting but just because it's naff - the Elefun game where the elephant blows a load of butterflies out of its long trunk and the children catch them in nets?

Dont' buy it, - it takes a load of huge fat batteries, you have to either encourage the butterflies out of the trunk or they all fly out in one clump - game over. Switch off fan, collect and reload butterflies, switch on fan, no butterflies/ one mass of butterflies - repeat until insane.

FlobbadobbaBOO Sat 03-Nov-12 15:19:04

YANBU. shit game. (Sorry... grin)

freddiefrog Sat 03-Nov-12 15:23:20

Don't buy it!

My DDs got it for Christmas last year and it's shit. The most it's been used is for the farty noises you can make with it, I wish I'd just bought silly putty and saved myself twenty quid

WMittens Sat 03-Nov-12 15:26:37

This is why I cannot help but laugh at our society, the righteous indignation trotted out over what is 'acceptable'; we have (computer) games involving shooting people or racing fast cars on public roads, but teach a young child the socially-responsible act of cleaning up after a dog that's done its natural business in public: "it's disgusting, it's vile, it should be banned!"

I think I'm going to create a game about kicking over litter bins and throwing empty beer cans at homeless people, I'll be rich.

hmm

Fenton Sat 03-Nov-12 15:27:50

erm, okay calm down, I believe the OP was fairly lighthearted, no?

freddiefrog Sat 03-Nov-12 15:30:05

Oh, I don't have a problem with the premise of the game.

It's just crap and doesn't work properly.

The playdoh gets stuck in the tube and a year later it's actually turned to liquid and leaked all over the toy cupboard.

We also had Gooey Louey but the dog chewed up all the bogies

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 15:31:11

Thanks , it was fairly lighthearted! Although my children don't play shooter games since their all primary age. Im not calling for it to be banned, but 20 quid for a game about poo...no thanks.

Mrsjay Sat 03-Nov-12 15:37:22

tell them to come out side with mummy and do the real live action version of the game before you decide to buy it watch them turn over the argos book page and get another game grin that actually sounds minging playdo poop

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 15:38:44

I did suggest actually learning to clean up after our own dogs, was met with bemused expression and but it smellsssssss whine.

pud1 Sat 03-Nov-12 15:41:36

ITS RUBBISH

the poo gets stuck and you end up blowing through the dogs bum to try and release the poo. it makes a terrible farting noise and its not a good look on Christmas day when all the stylish child free relatives turn up to find you on the floor with you gob round a plastic dogs are going red in the face

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 15:56:31

that is the funniest thing ive heard all day pud

fortifiedwithtea Sat 03-Nov-12 17:35:29

OH THE IRONY! Hee Hee. I'm the one pissed off at dog poo in my wheelie but Santa gave Doggie Doo game to the DC last Christmas grin.

YANBU. Only because the game doesn't work very well. The poo is farting putty and it gets stuck in the seems endless dogs body. Instructions say feed dog more putty to force stuck poo out but that can just made the problem worse.

Maybe I should put Doggie Doo game in the wheelie to keep the real turd company.

Glittertwins Sat 03-Nov-12 17:44:26

Sagely, I have no idea, it wasn't even theirs to break!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now