Talk

Advanced search

Sister's wedding outfit

(11 Posts)
Annteeta Sat 03-Nov-12 11:15:04

My sister has just sent me a photo of the wedding outfit she has bought for her daughter's wedding next year. My other sister and I both think it doesn't suit her at all - shall we tell her as she is directly asking our opinion?

WorraLiberty Sat 03-Nov-12 11:18:13

If she's asking then yes, politely tell her your opinion.

Remember though that a photo doesn't always capture the real look so to speak.

Trills Sat 03-Nov-12 11:22:21

If she is asking for your opinion then give it.

But be sure that she really is asking!

ImperialBlether Sat 03-Nov-12 11:30:59

I would tell her at the point she's asking for advice. Those photos will be around for a long time; it would be awful for her if she realises her mistake afterwards.

ImperialBlether Sat 03-Nov-12 11:31:17

What's the problem with the outfit? What sort of thing does she normally suit?

bitsofmeworkjustfine Sat 03-Nov-12 11:33:16

i'd maybe suggest that it didnt photograph well... but does she have the money to replace it?

LRDtheFeministDragon Sat 03-Nov-12 13:57:47

Oh, yes, tell her - it's really hard buying a formal outfit, I think, and she has asked for your help. If possible I'd refer to other outfits she's got that you like better, so she knows where you're coming from - eg., if you think the colour is all wrong, what colours does she wear that she looks great in; if the shape doesn't suit her, can you mention the dress she has already that is a great shape, etc. etc.

HecatePhosphorus Sat 03-Nov-12 14:00:47

Is she the sort of person who when asking for your opinion actually wants your opinion, or is she the sort of person who doesn't want your real opinion, just wants you to agree that she looks lovely?

Mrsjay Sat 03-Nov-12 14:02:08

is it the photo of just the outfit or is she wearing it ? if she is wearing it and it really doesn't suit her tll her
if she isn't then say maybe you need tot ry it out and let us see as you don't like it because of X Y Z if i was going to be mother of the bride i would need and want opinions on what i was wearing,

TheReturnOfBridezilla Sat 03-Nov-12 14:02:34

Is it a wedding dress? Please say its a wedding dress! grin

Mrsjay Sat 03-Nov-12 14:05:06

last wedding we went too M O T B had a sattelite for a hat I kept thinking did know body tell her somebody must have said something in the photies she is covering peoples faces with the HAT < i didnt know what her face looked like till the evening when she took it off, as it covered half her face as well hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: