Talk

Advanced search

to be scared about my separated tummy muscles

(8 Posts)
maddening Sat 03-Nov-12 09:46:27

I had a big bump early on in my pg with ds and a hard back to back birth either of which could have contributed to my Sep. tummy muscles with hernia. They can't do anything but offer exercises until I finish having children.

Aibu to worry about being pg with a hernia and how bad is the surgery to repair it?
My stomach looks awful with a massive bulge where the tear is and the exercises don't seem to help - the drs can't help and don't seem concerned about subsequent pg so does that mean it's ok?

I have googled the stomach surgery and heard horror stories about other cases <scared>

maddening Sat 03-Nov-12 09:50:23

Ps when is the best time to go for the surgery? Is it when children are a little older so can recover easier? In addition to looking pants it hurts when I do too much whick doesn't help with weight loss which I need to do badly. Sometimes I have to wear my belly bandit to hold me together more so easing the pain - I can't imagine being like this for 6 years!

Rachel130690 Sat 03-Nov-12 09:51:13

I'm not alone. I have this. How long ago did you have your baby?

All I've been given is stomach exercises to do, I try to do it everyday but I don't always remember. I wasn't aware there was surgery.

My son is 7 weeks old now and my stomach has stopped bulging. Keep up your exercises, and I wouldn't stress over it. I was told that this is so common and happens to loads of people during pregnancy,

Oh I don't think it matters what size your bump is, as I had a very small bump at nearly 42 weeks I was measuring 37 weeks.

maddening Sat 03-Nov-12 09:52:30

21 months sad

Rachel130690 Sat 03-Nov-12 10:05:37

So does that mean the exercises have never worked for you?

maddening Sat 03-Nov-12 11:20:46

Yes - but I think it is quite badly torn/herniated - when standing I can't pull my stomach in.

DrCoconut Sat 03-Nov-12 15:08:36

DS2 is 18 months and I still look PG. sad I wear an ezbelt mega corset shapewear when I don't want my belly to be so obvious. But there is no pain, it's just cosmetically unappealing, especially with stretchmarks, yum.

maddening Mon 05-Nov-12 14:12:35

I think I will go.back to.GP about the.pain.thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now