Talk

Advanced search

to want to know what the f*ck is going on?

(12 Posts)
OldMumsy Fri 02-Nov-12 23:01:34

So we have senior people who are and have been paedophiles, we have massive legal restraints being applied to outing them, and I for one want to know WTF is going on.

It will come out via the interweb eventually but in the interim could maybe one of these wonderful journalistic resources that Leveson is supposedly shutting down maybe step up the the plate and do their bloody job please???

OldMumsy Fri 02-Nov-12 23:02:06

Or maybe never as nothing ever changes.

It certainly seems bigger than we all thought.

OldMumsy Fri 02-Nov-12 23:06:16

Man all these people have been taking the piss in a way we could never envisage. I think we should be extremely angry in a way they have never seen before as they take our acquiescence for granted. The total fucking bastards!

GrimAndHumourless Fri 02-Nov-12 23:06:41

yes indeed

AgentZigzag Fri 02-Nov-12 23:09:24

I'm not sure I'd have described the news of the world as a 'wonderful journalistic resource'.

The media might give some small balance to the state and their secret abuses of power, but they've been overstepping the mark big time for too long.

I wouldn't want them anywhere near the people who have been assaulted in this case.

I'm surprised you'd trust anything they said tbh, what they write mostly all being bollocks and all.

ClippedPhoenix Fri 02-Nov-12 23:17:26

Yes, but it's everywhere OP. Not just there, it went on in every job I ever had as a teenager, I was groped or made to feel i had to "be nice" to my employers. Dirty old buggers were and are rife. Look at whats his face from the rolling stones, now that's one without a shadow of a doubt. Men that go with women half their age and beyond are of the same ilk.

ClippedPhoenix Fri 02-Nov-12 23:18:12

the more of an "establishment" there is the more it's allowed.

AgentZigzag Fri 02-Nov-12 23:22:16

Do you think things have changed for the better now Phoenix?

I know some people don't like the excuse of 'times were different then', but it just shows how good it is now it's not acceptable any more doesn't it?

ClippedPhoenix Fri 02-Nov-12 23:28:00

To be honest Agent, no, it's just changed somewhat. In a lot of ways it's worse. We knew they were dirty bastards then, now girls are having to try to match it, not sure if im making much sense of what im trying to say.

OldMumsy Sat 03-Nov-12 09:12:45

I think it's much better now than back in the day. It will never be totally eradicated though.

OpheliaPayneAgain Sat 03-Nov-12 09:21:04

I'm afraid I would rather see it played out in court - trial by media is not a positive aspect to our society.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now