Talk

Advanced search

To get GP's this gift for Christmas....again!

(11 Posts)
Littlegreenbear Fri 02-Nov-12 21:49:34

Not a very serious AIBU but just want some genuine opinions so I don't get my dd's GP's an eye roller of a Christmas present.....

So dh, dd (15 mnths) and me all had a professional photo shoot a month ago...we are thinking of having one of these photo's enlarged of the dd for each of the GP's as a gift for Christmas. Thing is last year we did the same thing although she was a tiny baby then so this photo would be much more recent and she looks nothing like she did as a baby so the photo's are very different but should I not repeat last years gift...

I figured that as they all love her so much than another photo (more recent) would be a lovely gift....

I will add that this would be the main gift.....and in a nice frame. W don't have oodles to spend so this year is more about thought than anything else.

Nice enough or should I got back to the drawing board and think of something else that's different to last years present?

PurpleGentian Fri 02-Nov-12 21:52:09

But it is different to last year's present!

There's a huge difference in appearance between a 3 month old baby and a 15 month old toddler. Go for it!

aldiwhore Fri 02-Nov-12 21:53:38

If you're going to do this every year, do be prepared for eyerolling. Sorry.

Ask a few questions about what they'd like, or start a conversation about family photos... make real sure they really want an updated version of last year's gift.

It shouldn't be their main present, because it's too much about you and what YOU think they should like. Buy them a little something each that is personal (I always got my FIL Pontefract Cakes) and give the photo as an extra brucie bonus.

You'd have more to spend if you didn't go to professional photographers. Get to the local college, they are really cheap and very good.

Littlegreenbear Fri 02-Nov-12 21:59:24

We got the photo shoot for £40 for a 15 minute session.....got to keep all images taken ( the good the bad and the ugly) on a disk and full copy right to have them printed as and when we can.....so it wasn't expensive but it was a fabulous phot shoot with some great images ...

Thanks for opinions though.....honest opinions more than welcome....I like these people I don't want to get them a crap prezzie :-)

chunkymunk Fri 02-Nov-12 22:03:27

I have just spent the last 5 mins wondering how much time you spend in your doctors surgery! Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. grin

Grandparents love this sort of gift in my opinion. My sister has given our Mum professional pics of my nephew and niece for the last 3 years and will again this year. Mum loves them

PurpleGentian Fri 02-Nov-12 22:25:48

chunkymunk! grin

Rowanhart Fri 02-Nov-12 22:27:25

I think it's a nice side gift. But you need a proper prezzie too...

steppemum Fri 02-Nov-12 22:40:01

my mum has lots of photos of dcs around, and she likes to keep some of the older ones around to see the progress/changes, and they have 8 grandchildren So we wouldn't update them every year as they then get too many pictures and not enough space to put them.

Littlegreenbear Fri 02-Nov-12 22:55:22

That was my worry that my inlaws have other dgc so they prob won't want all the rom taken up by just pictures of my dd...

I may change it to a main prezzie each and a few standard (rather than enlarged) pictures of dd as a Brucie bonus...then they can do what they like with them...no pressure to put them up kind of thing....

soapnuts Fri 02-Nov-12 23:01:44

I would change it slightly by using a few of the photos (and maybe some others that you have) and make a calendar - or a mug/mousemat/xmas bauble/some other tack beautiful gifts that they can print photos onto these days!
i know it's a bit naff but Ive discovered that the GPs love naff! i do a calendar every year for both sets and they love it - and would be disappointed if i didn't! its also a little less permanent than the framed photo.

apostropheuse Sat 03-Nov-12 00:52:24

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't like it.

Maybe I'm a crap grandmother, but I think one picture is enough. I have six grandchildren though, so getting pictures like this of them every year wouldn't be great.

In my defence I do have literally thousands of pictures of them in albums, on the computer, in my phone etc. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now