Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed about celebrity 'writers?'

(6 Posts)
WeezyPeezy Fri 02-Nov-12 21:24:16

Not a shameless plug as no mention of book or author name, but I'm spitting feathers that so called 'authors' like Jordan and Pippa Middleton, amongst others, can get a book deal for spouting uninteresting shit ( today I got my boobs out/today a man liked my bum) when I have put blood, sweat and tears into my own fiction MS (for mediocre sales due to lack of recognition)

shattereddreams Fri 02-Nov-12 21:39:30

You know they don't actually write it don't you???

aldiwhore Fri 02-Nov-12 21:42:11

YABU. It's business, all about the sales.

YANBU to be frustrated at achieving some kind of standard and not achieving recognition. That hurts. A lot.

You're not going to appeal to the same audience as the readers of Pippa Middletons obvious book on parties. If her book didn't exist, your sales wouldn't increase. I totally understand your angst though.

WeezyPeezy Fri 02-Nov-12 21:48:02

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I do know they don't 'write' which is the source of my frustration. Lil ol' working class me just gets a bit arsey about the basics of working hard/doing well versus silver spoon/shameless publicising of oneself. <off to have affair with Max Clifford grin

aldiwhore Fri 02-Nov-12 21:49:59

I'm not sure Jordan could be ever said to be classy, or be in any class higher than 'twat class' to be honest wink

WeezyPeezy Fri 02-Nov-12 21:56:27

Agreed, Aldi!! I clearly chose the wrong path before the rosy glow left and the rack headed south. I actually boycott anything she's in (plus made in Chelsea/Essex or any other blimmin place)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now