Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime

(10 Posts)
HtotheS Fri 02-Nov-12 20:14:25

DD who is 15months had a really long nap this afternoon.

I put her to bed at the usual time of 7pm

It's now 8:15pm and she's still chatting away to herself

Do I go get her and let her play for an hour or so?

Or am I being unreasonable in just leaving her there until she goes to sleep (if she goes to sleep with all the bloody fireworks !)

2cats2many Fri 02-Nov-12 20:16:15

I would check on her, shush her, tuck her in and leave her. I definitely wouldn't be getting her up.

Haylebop12 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:16:20

If she's happy I'd leave her and she will probably drop off!

Yanbu to leave her. I'd do the same :-)

SoleSource Fri 02-Nov-12 20:18:17

Leave her creep up to her if you can to check.

Yanbu and awwww

ClippedPhoenix Fri 02-Nov-12 20:19:12

Leave her OP, she'll chat herself to sleep which is fabulous, children need to "learn to go to sleep" at night. Don't get her up or you'll set a rod for your own back.

Jojoba1986 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:19:27

I quite regularly leave DS chatting to himself at bedtime. He settles eventually! smile

HtotheS Fri 02-Nov-12 20:19:31

Baby crept up on and she's fast asleep now ! Thanks guys!

NellyBluth Fri 02-Nov-12 20:19:46

Leave her. The rule in the Bluth household is that if you aren't crying then you stay in bed. If its dark she'll eventually fall asleep.

Shakey1500 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:20:57

Ahhhhh DS used to do this and we used to chuckle away hearing him on the monitor grin

Yes, I'd leave her and check in a bit. <halcyon days smile>

FadBook Fri 02-Nov-12 20:21:10

YANBU

I have a 15 month old too and she's just started doing this (before would happily fall off to sleep when I put her in the cot). She seems to still be in 'active' mode when I put her down, little bit of a moan and then I can hear her chatting or continually pressing her glow worm to hear the lullabys.. I'm putting it down to her winding herself down. As long as your DD isn't crying then I'd leave her, she'll drop off eventually and I'm sure would let you know if she's unhappy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now