Talk

Advanced search

to get a nose job? Apparently, I'm selfish.

(12 Posts)
Mimstar Fri 02-Nov-12 19:55:57

I want to get a nose job. My nose is not hideous, and very few people would notice what I see..but it has a bump in it, when I run my finger down it it's like a nose on a nose. From the front, you can't tell - I look totally normal. But from the side view it doesn't look good, and I cringe when I see pics taken from a side view. I will never feel truly beautiful while I feel this way about my nose.

My mum thinks I am being selfish. "What if you die, having it done?" she says "Is it worth leaving your DD without a mother?"

I think she is being really unfair to say this, it's something that would massively improve myself esteem so I don't appreciate the guilt trip. But, if other people agree, I may re-consider. I'm not going to die though, seriously how many operations of this kind are done a day?

SoleSource Fri 02-Nov-12 19:58:29

Yanbu

Google Adam Kaleinski at Professional Beaity. He is fab by all accounts. Also on FB.

SoleSource Fri 02-Nov-12 20:02:41

Sorry Adam Kalecinski. Professional Beauty.

EndoplasmicReticulum Fri 02-Nov-12 20:02:42

No, you almost certainly won't die. The risk is very small. It's not impossible though.

That's a very "mum" thing to say, isn't it?

Mimstar Fri 02-Nov-12 20:05:18

Thanks SoleSource, I'll have a look.

Yeah I guess so, I'd probably be worried about DD if she wanted to do the same. Thing is though, I had DD by C-Section and at the time I was terrified that something would go wrong - and my Mum was all like 'Oh they have to say that, you will not die, you're in good hands!' But now...

Mothers grin

SoleSource Fri 02-Nov-12 20:08:01

Adam operates whilst still awake. He is a marvellous British trained surgeon on the GMC. My GP told me about him

filetheflightoffancy Fri 02-Nov-12 20:11:06

A nose job whilst you are awake?

Yikes!

filetheflightoffancy Fri 02-Nov-12 20:12:55

Sorry, OP YANBU! You are not being selfish.

SoleSource Fri 02-Nov-12 20:12:55

Lol well not totally knocked out.

BoyMeetsWorld Fri 02-Nov-12 20:13:09

I used to work in the cosmetic surgery industry. Over a number of years I met lots of rhinoplasty (nose job) patients & certainly no deaths lol. Saw a fair bit of bruising but if you don't mind the recovery time id say it's pretty safe. Do your research very very thoroughly though - don't settle for 'cheap' work!!! & make sure your surgeon shows a gallery of his work & is willing to put you in touch with past patients. If you PM me I'm happy to share recommendations of surgeons I know of (don't want to go promoting people public ally!)

Dozer Fri 02-Nov-12 20:33:46

Your mum probably thinks you look lovely as you are and doesn't want you to go through pain.

Anonymumous Fri 02-Nov-12 20:39:33

I could have written this! I hate my nose too. But DH has made it clear that he thinks it would be appallingly selfish of me to risk unnecessary surgery, and unfair to our three DC. So I'm forever stuck with looking like the Druidian princess from Spaceballs before she had her nose job. Oh well...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now