Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help required please help

(81 Posts)
BuntyCollocks Fri 02-Nov-12 19:42:44

I'm at charnock Richard services and I had to shut the door to let someone pass. Keys in centre console DS 21 months locked in car. Green flag keep saying they'll be 10 mins. I'm 8 months pregnant. Sat here in tears.

Police say all they'd do is smash window - not an option, too far from home.

Please help even if its hand holding. I'm in absolute bits. He's fallen asleep thankfully. Oh god I'm shit

Dozer Fri 02-Nov-12 19:44:29

They'll be there soon, is good that DS is snoozing, will be OK!

Sparklingbrook Fri 02-Nov-12 19:44:34

Hi Bunty. Hand to hold here. x

thereinmadnesslies Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:06

Holds hand smile

It's so easily done.

DH did the same with a hire car in the US, fortunately DH managed to wake DS up and he could reach the keys and unlock.

One day you will laugh about this, really.

Sparklingbrook Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:12

YY it is good he is snoozing. Do you know what Green Flag will do when they get there?

ClippedPhoenix Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:22

Holding your hand. Don't worry, you can see your child and know they're safe. 10 mins will probably seem like 10 hours but they'll be there soon x

MsIngaFewmarbles Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:27

Did the same last week but my 3yo locked the door after I shut it with the keys on my seat. Don't feel bad it'll be ok. Green Flag arrived very quickly when my Dsis did the same a couple of years ago.

Coconutty Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GilbGeekette Fri 02-Nov-12 19:46:04

You're no shit at all. We've all shut our keys in the car. Try to take some deep breaths - if Green Flag don't appear by 8 ring them and cry. It'll be ok {un mumsnetty hugs}}

Hand holding. Green flag are normally great, they'll be there soon. Ds is fine, he doesn't even know whats happening. Deep breaths, its just a mistake.

maddening Fri 02-Nov-12 19:46:11

They may be able to wedge the door open enough to get a wire in to pull the lock open on the door if it is one of those handle locks that pulls from the door iyswim - I had that done once.

jen127 Fri 02-Nov-12 19:46:14

Holding hands tight!

MsIngaFewmarbles Fri 02-Nov-12 19:46:16

Depends on car, they may be able to break in without damage.

Mibby Fri 02-Nov-12 19:46:32

Thats lousy but a broken window isnt the end of the world - although it might feel like it! You can drive home and the insurance company/ auto glass etc will fix it. And Green flag might be able to open the door anyway

((hugs))

BuntyCollocks Fri 02-Nov-12 19:46:44

They've said not to break window, they'll be able to access without damaging car. I can't believe this happened.

LaurenLaverne Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:05

A similar thing happened to me and the rescue people managed to wiggle a wire above the top of the window and then push the window down. Hope that works on your car, and that Green Flag are there soon!

BeaWheesht Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:07

Think about this rationally

- ds is asleep
- its not a hot day
- green flag are on their way
- you're not a bad mum you didnt do it deliberately did you?

Bicnod Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:30

Is he strapped in? great that he's asleep. You're not shit, it's too easy to do. Poor you sad they'll be here soon x

Shakey1500 Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:39

Holds hand. He's safe, warm, and comfortable. Panic ye not, they'll be there soon. And don't kick yourself, it's easy done. You're not the first and you certainly not the last.

BackforGood Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:43

That's fantastic they will be there so soon. ds will sleep through it all and be none the wiser smile but I'll hold hands with you too if it helps.

maddening Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:51

Ps sounds stupid to ask and you probably have already but have you tried the boot?

YellowTulips Fri 02-Nov-12 19:49:11

Holds out hand...

Deep breaths. Your DS will be fine - he is in a safe place where you can see him. Its a common issue and GF should be able to help you.

You will laugh about this in years to come.

Feenie Fri 02-Nov-12 19:49:12

I've done this loads of times - Green Flag will be in in 2 minutes. Your ds will be fine asleep. Hang in there, it will all be sorted soon!

JustFabulous Fri 02-Nov-12 19:49:19

Shoudn't be too much longer now. Stay calm.

Headiteddie Fri 02-Nov-12 19:49:22

Oh bless you. It will all be fine and they will sort everything out for you. I could have married the lovely Green Flag chap who rescued me after a tyre blew out on a very dark part of the A1 in the middle of the night. All will be sorted very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now