Talk

Advanced search

to think this was very rude?

(11 Posts)
porridgewithalmondmilk Fri 02-Nov-12 18:59:49

I am still very embarrassed about this but would welcome your views!

Today is my last day of half term so I decided to do a bit of shopping. I didn't want to go to a big shopping centre so went to a town fairly local to me but one I don't tend to go and shop in very often.

At any rate, I went into HMV because I am babysitting a friend's DDs tomorrow and thought I'd pick up a Disney DVD for them. I was looking at the children's section when I realised someone was shouting "excuse me" so I looked up and a man asked if I worked for HMV. I said that I didn't and he informed me I'd have to leave because the store wasn't open blush The lights were all on and displays up and plenty of people were in ...honestly!

Anyway, although he wasn't exactly polite he wasn't really rude either. But a woman was standing next to him absolutely pissing herself, and not even trying to hide it - openly giggling and smirking and doubling over in her mirth hmm

I don't think it was THAT funny - I mean, honestly, it just looked like a normal, open shop ... AIBU to be annoyed? Honestly, I felt really, really idiotic.

FayeKinitt Fri 02-Nov-12 19:02:01

I would have been very embarrased too, simply because of the two of thems attitude!

mameulah Fri 02-Nov-12 19:02:40

Pour yourself a glass of wine and forget about it!!! Happens to the best of us.

FiveFlowers Fri 02-Nov-12 19:02:43

YANBU. The woman especially was rude laughing at you.

Have a brew and a biscuit and try to forget about it.

I hope you didn't give them your custom - I would have gone elsewhere to buy the DVD.

MrsWolowitz Fri 02-Nov-12 19:03:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoldeInvierno Fri 02-Nov-12 19:03:50

That's really odd. Was it at a time when the shop would have normally been open? are you sure he was an employee and not just some twat playing a practical joke?

myphonesexdrama Fri 02-Nov-12 19:04:48

I thought hmv went bust?

ChristmasKate Fri 02-Nov-12 19:05:12

Oops, the women shouldn't have openly taken the piss and how the hell was you supposed to know they weren't open!

Have some wine

cookielove Fri 02-Nov-12 19:05:33

I would have felt really embarrassed if that had happened to me, erm why were the doors open/unlocked if it was closed to me that does make sense!!

SoleSource Fri 02-Nov-12 19:05:59

Wtf was funny about that? Nutter.

porridgewithalmondmilk Fri 02-Nov-12 19:07:11

Yes, it was about 4 o clock.

It must have been ready to open in the next fortnight or something as all the displays were up and there were lots of people in it but I think they were just getting the store ready but it was easy not to notice if you didn't know, if you see what I mean!

Thank you for making me feel NU! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now