Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to hate weddings

(28 Posts)
3plus2 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:51:56

I hate them I hate having to dress up sad I've jus had a baby my boobs are huge I can't find anything nice (size 18) I've got the right hump sad

newmummytobe79 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:54:35

I LOVE weddings! Especially those that state 'no kids' on the invite! A chance for me and DH to have a night together, drinking, dancing and having fun with friends that are having the best day smile

But you've just had a baby ... so I totally understand why you feel this way!

If it's in a few weeks time ... you'll be fine smile

If it's this weekend ... don't go and stay snuggled up at home with your new baby in your big boobs smile

3plus2 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:57:43

She 3 months weddings next month I have to go sad what the hell am I gonna wear sad damn weddings urgh

Jusfloatingby Fri 02-Nov-12 16:58:08

YANBU. I hate weddings. They're boring and all seem the same. <Grumpy>

3plus2 Fri 02-Nov-12 17:01:45

I don't wanna go sad

Learning70 Fri 02-Nov-12 17:19:03

Weddings are so dull. I feel bad about this so I overcompensate by gushing. So people think I love weddings.

QueenStromba Fri 02-Nov-12 17:20:04

This dress looks great with big boobs. I'm an 18 in fitted stuff but I've got it in a 14/16 and it's fine.

tschiffely Fri 02-Nov-12 17:21:36

Weddings are a complete bore.

OP, the good thing about a winter wedding is that you can wear some sort of wrap to cover up grin.

expatinscotland Fri 02-Nov-12 17:21:51

YANBU.

WhizzPopBangWheeee Fri 02-Nov-12 17:35:57

Aw, I love weddings (especially if I can get to leave the pesky kids at home with grandparents grin
They're great! A chance to see friends, eat lovely food and get pissed

TwitchyTail Fri 02-Nov-12 17:55:45

YANBU. I wouldn't have gone to mine unless I had to.

I like the Peep Show description of them: "It's like being an extra in the climactic scene of someone else's romcom" grin

I do love wedding cake though.

maddening Fri 02-Nov-12 18:14:42

Bravissimo do clothes for those of the busty persuasion

BastardSpiders Fri 02-Nov-12 18:18:04

YANBU

DP and I want to get married, but I hate weddings so keep putting off arranging it. grin

bangersmashandbeans Fri 02-Nov-12 19:00:03

What's not to love about weddings?? Everyone looking their best, friends/family the happiest they've ever been, food drink music and dancing, and best of all a night with hubby and no kids! Embrace it!

Jusfloatingby Fri 02-Nov-12 19:05:57

But they're booooooring bangers. At least here in Ireland they are. Hanging around outside the church for ages while photos are being taken. Hanging around the hotel for ages while more photos are taken. Hanging around after the bog standard meal for ages while the room is rearranged for the dancing. Listening to music blowing your ears off and shouting to be heard and trying to avoid getting up to dance with Uncle Jim.... Aaaagh!

BadgersBottom Fri 02-Nov-12 19:12:58

I am so with you here OP. I hate weddings. I hate all that dressing up and tottering around on high heels and fretting about your hair and minding your language and small talk with people you don't like and who don't much like you either and the ghastly food and expensive drink and the interminable speeches and the inevitable idiot who gets pissed and makes an arse of him/herself and the hideous awful compulsory dancing and loud music and ................ grin I could go on but I'll spare you all!

Anonymumous Fri 02-Nov-12 19:16:54

The bigger and more showy and more expensive, the more long-winded and dull they are in my experience. I quite like the little, intimate ones at the Registry Office or local church, followed by a buffet at the local pub or Beefeater. smile

WhatDoesTheDogSay Fri 02-Nov-12 19:20:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AThingInYourLife Fri 02-Nov-12 19:23:44

A whole day of drinking with my friends.

What's not to like?

Justfloating - those times in the day when you are "waiting", you are supposed to be boozing.

Everyone I know who might get married is married. I'm starting to sabotage friends' marriages in hope of bringing about the chance of more weddings grin

Mrsjay Fri 02-Nov-12 19:26:13

before the baby did you hate them are you just feeling urgh about yourself ? go get something wintery to wear and go althoug YANBU the last wedding i was at I was bored rigid I knew hardly anybody dh was the best man and me and dd were like a spare part, and it is all the same hanging about for hours pissed people by the meal (maybe that is just the weddings i go to ) I am such a grump sometimes blush

alphabite Fri 02-Nov-12 19:27:39

Weddings are very, very boring.

Agent64 Fri 02-Nov-12 19:27:55

I hate weddings.

YANBU. I wouldn't have gone to mine unless I had to.

Me too Twitchy grin

It's not just weddings - I hate any kind of enforced enjoyment situation.

TeentheBean Fri 02-Nov-12 19:33:28

They can be boring, loads of hanging around doing sod all and sometimes the speeches drone on and on and on, with loads of 'in' jokes (oh is that just the weddings I've been to?). Though on the other hand its nice to mingle sometimes and just get out, esp if you've recently had a baby and got baby brain, its fun to do a bit of people watching as well.

filetheflightoffancy Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:07

What?! I love weddings! Even the shit ones where the food is crap and the speeches are boring are great fun if you are there with the right people.

Actually I did go to DH's cousin's wedding and the only people I knew were his wierd family and then I got food poisoning which kicked in before we had even left the reception and we had a two hour drive home, so actually that was a bit of a crap one.

But apart from that...I love weddings! grin

Downandoutnumbered Fri 02-Nov-12 20:17:41

YANBU. I hate them. I like being there for the ceremony, so I accept because I want to share my friends' happiness, but if it was socially acceptable to go to the ceremony and then sod off afterwards, I would. The rest is always boring, the amount of standing around (in high heels) is painful and the food is generally naff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now