Talk

Advanced search

To be cross I was given a free gift?

(69 Posts)
LynetteScavo Fri 02-Nov-12 15:03:56

I have spent half term cleaning and clearing out the house, including taking unwanted stuff to charity shops.

Yesterday I ordered some new trainers from Sports Direct.

Today they arrived, along with a free gift, which happens to be a pint size (or it could be bigger, it seems mahhhoooosive) mug with "Sports Direct" on it.

Why the hell would I want this? I have no room in my kitchen cupboards for it. Its ugly and useless. (Who drinks a pint of anything?)

I don't want it in my house.

foslady Fri 02-Nov-12 15:06:16

I've got one too - can't bring myself chuck it out, and now just taking up valuable cupboards space!!!!

LibrarianAli Fri 02-Nov-12 15:06:23

Oh I hate those mugs.... I used a stack of them as hardcore when I built a patio.

PixieHot Fri 02-Nov-12 15:06:51

I got one of those, it was awful! I gave it to Oxfam.

MerseyMama Fri 02-Nov-12 15:06:55

Yabu I use mine to microwave/ drink soup

grin

We got sent one of those too; it is singularly useless.

I'm a bit nervous of ordering from them again in case they send me another one...

missymoomoomee Fri 02-Nov-12 15:07:49

I have 4, I use them for soup, or hot chocolate with marshmallows.

bentneckwine1 Fri 02-Nov-12 15:09:20

I have two of those...one lives under the sink with cleaning brushes in it..the other DS aged 13 loves to drink his tea out of!

I did have a friend who used it for wine at a BBQ...saved her trailing back and forth to the box of wine and the fiddly tap thingy!

YANBU..if you were offered the choice you'd say no. I think it's wrong to just send you one.

In our office, they decided on a "green" initiative, and they made everyone a mug with their name and the company logo on it.

But I don't drink tea in work and most people have their own favourite mug. So they produced 200 mugs extra for no bloody reason.

So now I have a china pencil holder that I didn't want.

bigpantspam Fri 02-Nov-12 15:09:30

My dad drinks this much tea smile I have saved mine for when he visits smile

WorraLiberty Fri 02-Nov-12 15:11:17

I got one last year and was so excited that I had a free gift until I opened the bastard and saw what it was...it doesn't even fit in the cupboard!

marquesas Fri 02-Nov-12 15:13:37

Oh can you say that, I love mine, just the right size for a caffeine boost in the morning.

I'm sure you only get one with your first order but I can't say for sure as I've only ordered once.

ClaimedByMe Fri 02-Nov-12 15:14:25

Haha I have bought loads from them, every order I hope for a free mug, I never get one, my dsis ordered from them and got the order sent to my house and it had a big mug in it, I kept it, she says she always gets one!!

HarlettOScara Fri 02-Nov-12 15:15:27

I got one of those too. Didn't want it but couldn't bring myself to just bin it either. Fortuitously, DP broke the mug he uses at work around the same time so I sent the Sports Direct one to his office where is workmates can marvel at it's massive ugliness.

Give it to someone you don't like as a Secret Santa present?

NiniLegsInTheAir Fri 02-Nov-12 15:15:40

Who drinks a pint of anything?

Err...beer? grin

Mine is the one I use to sterilize my mooncup

HRH008 Fri 02-Nov-12 15:16:23

Make a cake in it.

SufferingLampreys Fri 02-Nov-12 15:16:29

They're great for 5 minute chocolate microwave cakes

YouOldSlag Fri 02-Nov-12 15:16:35

YABU. It's just goodwill. If you don't want it chuck it or throw it away. Personally I gave mine to a very very tall friend who was very grateful as a normal mug doesn't touch the sides when you're 6ft 5.

NotActuallyAMum Fri 02-Nov-12 15:16:57

You all did better than us - ours was in about 12 pieces when we took it out of the box. I reckon we would have fought over it used it

expatinscotland Fri 02-Nov-12 15:17:59

I gave mine to a charity shop.

Sparklingbrook Fri 02-Nov-12 15:18:15

We have two. The DSs keep pens in them on their desks. It's their favourite shop in all the world, and my least favourite. grin

MrsChristmasVamos Fri 02-Nov-12 15:18:29

They are obviously giving them away as no-one will buy them.

I don't understand why you would have a hot beverage in a mug so large, unless you have iron lungs and drink very quickly ? smile

PramFaceBuggyBrain Fri 02-Nov-12 15:20:22

I hate mine too! Ugly and massive and pointless!

Lovecat Fri 02-Nov-12 15:21:31

DH drinks that much coffee. He does have asbestos lips/windpipe and drinks v. quickly, however. I was made up when I opened the box and saw that mug!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now