Talk

Advanced search

To really wonder what the content of dd's nativity play will be?

(12 Posts)
ontheedgeofwhatever Fri 02-Nov-12 11:23:55

She's going to be a doctor. She has two lines and the first is

"Look there's the head"

I assume this is not going to be the traditional nativity then?? hmm

WiseKneeHair Fri 02-Nov-12 11:25:08

Sounds very traditional to me - surely this is the birth of Jesus live on stage?

gringringrin

Gosh that sounds a bit gynacological for a school production...

SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Fri 02-Nov-12 12:17:43

I rather hope that your DD is in secondary school...

JoanBias Fri 02-Nov-12 12:31:24

I think she is in Y2....

JamieandtheMagicTorch Fri 02-Nov-12 12:42:58

That sounds great.

Outrage should ensue.

Sparklingbrook Fri 02-Nov-12 12:44:39

shock What's the second line?

Strawhatpirate Fri 02-Nov-12 12:51:51

I wouldn't sit in the front row if I were you in case you're in the "splash zone".

LeeCoakley Fri 02-Nov-12 12:55:10

My immediate thought was John the Baptist's head on a plate.

WelshMaenad Fri 02-Nov-12 12:55:54

Dd's last year was about a bloody robin. God knows what this years will involve. I quite fancy some true life birth gore actually.

LeeCoakley Fri 02-Nov-12 13:08:04

Ours are usually a cutesy version of the nativity. E.g. The Lost Sheep, The Angel who lost his Wings, The Camel who couldn't find his Hump. All found I think, at the inn. One year we did a story about a school putting on a nativity play. It was hilarious to watch 7 year olds being teachers, their mannerisms were spot on. How we (the staff) laughed grin

KurriKurri Fri 02-Nov-12 15:02:17

One of DD's lines in a Nativity once was 'I have brought Myrrh, - you can buy it for £3.75 on the internet' - she was very annoyed when the audience laughed.

I quite like the sound of your DD's 'One Messiah Born Every Minute' Nativity grin - presumably Joseph will be hanging around making idiot comments, and eating a fish supper whilst Mary pushes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now