Talk

Advanced search

To be cross with my mum and dad for turning up at 9.15a.m.

(18 Posts)
Raspberrysorbet Fri 02-Nov-12 10:17:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OHforDUCKScake Fri 02-Nov-12 10:22:09

What time were they supposed to turn up?

BupcakesAndCunting Fri 02-Nov-12 10:24:05

But what if the postman knocked at 9.15 or any other unexpected callers?

Not being harsh but if you tippy-toe around your baby's sleeping, he will never be able to sleep through ANY noise. I used to vacuum around DS's moses basket and the phone was always going off. He's sleep through an earthquake now grin

I think YAB a bit U.

Raspberrysorbet Fri 02-Nov-12 10:24:23

BupcakesAndCunting Fri 02-Nov-12 10:26:48

Well, of course. wink

justbogoffnow Fri 02-Nov-12 10:27:18

Try to chill a bit smile and cherish the fact that your Mum and Dad are here to be part of their grand child's life. Sounds like they are excited smile.

Mintyy Fri 02-Nov-12 10:28:23

Yanbu, it is rude of visitors to arrive at the wrong time - whether too early or too late.

Gigondas Fri 02-Nov-12 10:30:39

Can you not let them look after ds while you nap?

Raspberrysorbet Fri 02-Nov-12 10:31:44

3littlefrogs Fri 02-Nov-12 10:36:16

I know how you feel.

MIL used to do this ALL the time. Result was a baby/toddler who became a very bad sleeper, jumpy and prone to wake at the slightest sound.

She used to walk in at all hours of the day and night (had a front door key) and wake him up by lifting out of his cot/pram "to play".

If I bolted the door she would ring the bell, bang on the door loud enough to wake the dead.

Raspberrysorbet Fri 02-Nov-12 11:33:39

honeytea Fri 02-Nov-12 12:29:00

It is defiantly unreasonable of your mum to poke q sleeping baby! Not unreasonable to come tiptoeing in apologising for coming at the wrong time due to traffic.

justbogoffnow Fri 02-Nov-12 12:37:30

Lol raspberry grin

Any gin in the house?

DontmindifIdo Fri 02-Nov-12 12:43:46

Next time, take your DS out in his pram if he'll sleep in that, walk to a coffee shop and have a brew and read the paper while he sleeps, they can sit in the car outside your house until you get back. After about 3-4 times of this happening, they'll learn...

StateofConfusion Fri 02-Nov-12 12:50:07

What dontmind said grin

MousyMouse Fri 02-Nov-12 12:50:30

send ds out for a long walk in the pram with your parents and get some kip yourself.

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 02-Nov-12 13:11:16

Yes a bit unreasonable. Unfortunately they probably heard 9.15 and the time was ingrained in their heads without the not arriving at that time bit.

I have a similar thing with a friend whose daughter has a nut allergy. I go to the supermarket really conscientiously getting stuff without nuts but all that thinking about them means that I end up buying a bag of cashews. At least now I remember not to serve them.

Raspberrysorbet Fri 02-Nov-12 14:55:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now