Talk

Advanced search

To think that David Milliband is at least 11.4x more credible than his moronic brother?

(47 Posts)
ShellyBoobs Thu 01-Nov-12 22:55:33

Haven't seen him on TV for a while but he's on QT right now. I'd forgotten how professional and impressive he is as a politician.

Labour would be in a much, much better position with him at the helm and, dare I say it, perhaps a credible opposition party.

It's a shame for the country that he's on the sidelines while Ed&Ed flounder.

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 01-Nov-12 22:59:01

YANBU. He's going to go down in history as the greatest PM we never had.

peasabovesticks Thu 01-Nov-12 22:59:02

YADNBU
I couldn't believe Ed defeated him. I think he'll have the last laugh though.

Yanbu, I think Labour could have been on their way back in with David as leader. I just don't see any leadership, conviction or inspiration in Ed.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 01-Nov-12 23:07:53

I thought the greatest PM we never had was John Smith.

Yy to John Smith. I think of him as the last leader who was unconcerned with image, spin and the media. Maybe we would have seen that side to him had he been elected but he always seemed genuine, deeply committed to his ideals and honest.

Politics just depresses me know, there's no real choice.

ThePathanKhansWitch Thu 01-Nov-12 23:12:35

Or Robin Cook, not a pretty man, but not called two brains for nothing. His resignation speech over Iraq, seminal and so far sighted.

Bobyan Thu 01-Nov-12 23:12:40

My DP wants to know how you got to only 11.4...

Lulabellarama Thu 01-Nov-12 23:14:07

YANBU
I think David is brilliant and Ed is a twonk

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 01-Nov-12 23:19:19

I amend previous statement to " one of the greatest PM's we never had" ...he is not alone in being overlooked!

ShellyBoobs Thu 01-Nov-12 23:24:26

My DP wants to know how you got to only 11.4...

Well, I added it up as follows:

I gave 3 to David in view of Ed's performance here same answer to every question

Another 3 to David for me being able to imagine Ed selling the country's gold reserve at an even lower price than Brown managed.

5 for Ed coming across as a closet left-wing nut-job whatever the subject he's bumbling about, while David manages not to.

The 0.4 was for David being nicer to look at (see, I'm less shallow than I am interested in his objective merits grin)

saadia Thu 01-Nov-12 23:26:08

so glad you started this thread I could not agree more,get so angry every time I think about the harm that Ed did by standing against his brother.

Bobyan Thu 01-Nov-12 23:29:46

I'd give him 11.4 purely for the nose (or lack of).

Dp is highly impressed with your ratings!

bananaistheanswer Thu 01-Nov-12 23:31:57

He sounds as though he's making his case for 'next leader' with the grand standing he's spouting. Far too wannabe Bliar for my liking. We're fooked really.

ShellyBoobs Thu 01-Nov-12 23:34:24

My DP has just had a mini-rant.

Apparently...

"Ed Miliband and his monkey (Ed Balls) couldn't run a hotdog stall"

"They couldn't manage another slice of cake between them" (I didn't get that one at first)

aufaniae Thu 01-Nov-12 23:35:33

YANBU. We're watching QT and have been saying the same.

aufaniae Thu 01-Nov-12 23:36:28

"I thought the greatest PM we never had was John Smith."

Definitely sad

gordyslovesheep Thu 01-Nov-12 23:36:44

he is brilliant but I am currently shouting 'go Jerry go Jerry' like a giant cock grin

jabberwooky Thu 01-Nov-12 23:39:49

Yabu, David Miliband leaves me cold while I think Ed is more interesting - both horribly disappointing overall imo. Would prefer Shami to either though, or Caroline Lucas- not as Labour leader, as next pm. Fully expect Labour win in 2015 with Ed. what are the odds? May have a punt!

jabberwooky Thu 01-Nov-12 23:40:25

Or even Jerry Springer.....

aviatrix Thu 01-Nov-12 23:41:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sparkleyangel Fri 02-Nov-12 00:10:20

"I thought the greatest PM we never had was John Smith."
I agree with this as well. As for the two brothers neither of them should be leader of the labour party, we need fresh blood as they say. Who that is I dont know. They all seem to be out for themselves and stuff the rest of us.

aufaniae Fri 02-Nov-12 00:33:47

Shami would be brilliant smile

Lilylightfoot Fri 02-Nov-12 08:55:47

I want to see Natalie Bennett the new Green Party Leader on QT to see what she like.

TiggyD Fri 02-Nov-12 09:25:13

Will Ed even get to the next election?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now