Talk

Advanced search

Why is being deleted on facebook so, sort of, devastating?

(3 Posts)
KrispyCakehead Thu 01-Nov-12 16:12:56

An old friend has deleted me. He is funny and kind and we have loads of history together dating back 25 years.

Last week he "shared" one of those horrible "inverted racism" "if you don't like my poppy feel free to pack your bags and * home" things and I had a little vent about it. To the tune of "You can be a patriot without behaving like a racist..". I so dislike those things!

Now he's deleted me.

I feel a bit bereft. I text him in a jocular way and said "don't be a daft tart.. you know what I'm like, I just don't like those things that promote racial hatred.." No response.

I have never known him to be racist before.. I'm not sure he is one!

Why does it matter so much when someone deletes you? I am pretending it doesn't of course.. and life continues as usual, obviously.. but it bothers me really. Life is busy.. and it is (generally) nice to share little tit bits and news and jokes via fb as a way of keeping in touch with people a bit beyond your immediate circle of friends and family. I know I am not alone in feeling this way when you are deleted form RL convos I've had....

PickledFanjoCat Thu 01-Nov-12 16:14:36

He sounds like a right arse deleting you over that.

I hate those things too I've seen them before, don't blame you.

ArterialSpurtMonkey Thu 01-Nov-12 16:17:05

I hate those things. I normally delete people who post them. And people who talk about 'frape'. Life's too short tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now