Talk

Advanced search

Finish the Halloween candy?

(9 Posts)
heinztomatosoup Thu 01-Nov-12 14:38:30

I have lost 7 pounds since the beginning of September through exercise and a sheer iron will in the face of temptation. I bought 2 bags of mini milky ways in preparation for the hoards of trick or treaters who failed to materialize and they are now calling my name...just the one was ok but just ate the 5th one and can't seems to stop myself. Feel so depressed that this is the rocky road to yet another failed diet sad please help!!!

sooperdooper Thu 01-Nov-12 14:41:02

YABU to call it candy, unless you actually are in the States.... grin

redlac Thu 01-Nov-12 14:43:11

wot sooper said

my dd calls it candy due to her fixation with iCarly and Victorious

Claireabella1 Thu 01-Nov-12 14:44:12

You're not failing! You've had one little slip, don't write the day off just try and get back on track now, maybe get an extra 10 mins exercise if you feel bad? It's great you've lost weight (well done!) but a life without chocolate would be a miserable one, I think.

NigellasGhost Thu 01-Nov-12 14:45:33

YANBU
I'm in a similar situation - finish 'em off, and remember, Tomorrow Is Another Day.
This does not mean the end of your healthy eating, it's just a hiccup!

Heinz, seriously you'll wake up tomorrow and wonder what is the point of eating healthily. Just have blind faith and do it, then then day after you'll be so much more motivated.

Or look at it this way. This could signal the end of the diet, fine. But presumably you'll want to restart it at some point. So better to start now from where you are now, or a month down the line, with any additional weight you've put on between now and then?

heinztomatosoup Thu 01-Nov-12 14:59:44

Thanks ladies, think I just needed some moral support...it's not easy staying motivated when you've a way to go....
Sorry about calling it candy, I used to live in the States when my kids were small and guess the word has just stuck when talking about Halloween smile

NigellasGhost Thu 01-Nov-12 15:39:55

ps OP is allowed to call it Candy due to US lifestyle personal experience!

redlac Thu 01-Nov-12 18:02:11

We'll let the OP off then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now