Talk

Advanced search

to think repeatedly stamping on victim's head in racist attack doesn't justify imprisonment ?

(32 Posts)
cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:13:22

Fail alert

Trenton Oldfield are you listening ?
Don't jump in the water, jump up and down on someones head.
Much less hassle and you won't upset the judiciary.
smile

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:22:19

Oh, and the judge seemed rather more worried about the fact that she was drunk in her childrens' presence than the victim of the attack:

The damage you are doing to your children – there at the time and seeing you drunk, the risk you put them at – is disgraceful.

Molepom Thu 01-Nov-12 13:23:30

eh?

Fakebook Thu 01-Nov-12 13:26:35

Yes, who cares if the victim was hurt in this attack. hmm.

Isn't it ironic the judge is worried about her behaviour infront of her children, yet she was let off for the sake of her children? WTf is that about? She is going to get drunk infront of them again no doubt.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Trenton Oldfield was wrongly jailed. He is not a criminal.

mutny Thu 01-Nov-12 13:29:05

Trenton oldfield has piss all to do with anything unless it was the same judge.

However she should have gone straight to prison.

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:30:31

Fakebook, what more reason do SS need to take her children into care ?

How can they be said to be safe with her as their mother ?

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:31:26

Same "justice" system ?

OnwardBound Thu 01-Nov-12 13:32:04

What a sorry excuse for a human being.

Poor kids sad

mutny Thu 01-Nov-12 13:33:07

Our justice system allows judges to make decisions. Because this one made a bad decision does not mean all make bad decisions.

TheDeathAndGlories Thu 01-Nov-12 13:34:08

For the sake of the children....

Words fail me

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:37:43

But Mutny, this judge made a decision on the basis of all the evidence before him.
Who are we to say it is a poor decision ?

SoleSource Thu 01-Nov-12 13:37:51

About four years ago there was an innocent White boy about fourteen years old in Bradford kicked yo death by Asian youths. Remember that? They also received light sentences.

punter Thu 01-Nov-12 13:38:18

I felt ill when I read the report and unless there is evidence that was not reported I cannot understand the judge's decision. The family needs a lot of help but I doubt they will get it and the children are likely to grow up believing that casual violence is OK. Would have been interesting to see press reaction if a british born asian man had done this to a british born white woman in the street. And what the judge would have done then.

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:38:47

All I am saying is that Trenton Oldfield made a poor crime selection choice.smile

Fakebook Thu 01-Nov-12 13:51:05

So SoleSource, are you saying this is justified just because the Asian youths were let off? Like revenge? What a horrible way to think.

mutny Thu 01-Nov-12 13:53:18

But Mutny, this judge made a decision on the basis of all the evidence before him.
who are we to say it is a poor decision ?

I didn't say it was poor. I said I disagree with it.

The fact is one crime and sentence is not compariable. Both were given sentances leggally allowed for the crime they were charged with.

I don't think the problem was the oldfield sentance. I think its people like this are getting a ridiculously short sentance as opposed to oldfield getting one that was too long. Iyswim.

WileyRoadRunner Thu 01-Nov-12 13:54:54

I don't think that is what SoleSource is getting at ...

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Thu 01-Nov-12 13:57:15

I think sole is just mentioning another case where someone was attacked and the attackers got off lightly

Fakebook Thu 01-Nov-12 13:58:04

The way I have read her post is that she thinks that 4 Asian youths who killed someone in a racist attack were let off, so the fact this woman has attacked an Asian man, it's only fair she's let off too.

Binkyridesagain Thu 01-Nov-12 13:59:19

The sentences for this kind of crime are crap.
A similar thing happened to DH in January, we've only had a preliminary hearing up to now.
The police after seeing the CCTV footage if the assault on my husband described it as one of the most vicious attacks they had ever seen. They wanted a prosecution for GBH but because DH did not suffer a br

Binkyridesagain Thu 01-Nov-12 14:03:04

Sorry pressed post too early.

Broken limb only broken war cartilage they can only go for ABH with intent.
The damage that has been caused is far deeper than broken limbs, he is still not sleeping properly, the DCs saw there daddy scared and scarred.
He believes that the people that did this to him will only get community service, I am hoping they will serve time. But reading this article there is every chance it will be a slap on the wrist.

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 14:05:52

I didn't say it was poor

Oh do forgive my inaccuracy Mutny you said:

this one made a bad decision

Completely different.wink

mutny Thu 01-Nov-12 14:19:11

Yes in my opinion.

But rather than moan about sentences about random criminals and sentences I accept what judge decides or perhaps look at what I can do.
I do not follow logic that says well 'x' was let off so 'y' who did something different should be.
Maybe start a petition or write to your mp expressing concern.

mutny Thu 01-Nov-12 14:22:31

And I did not say 'this one made a bad decision' I said 'because this one made a bad decision does not mean all make bad decisions.'

I was talking about comparing judges.

cumfy Thu 01-Nov-12 14:23:27

My central thesis Mutny is that Trenton Oldfield made a poor choice of crime to commit; he should have jumped up and down on someone's head.

He would have received a lesser sentence.
Nothing I have seen or you have said really appears to contradict that clear logic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now