Talk

Advanced search

To ask for suggestions for desperate pg friend needing Merton home to rent

(3 Posts)
Isabeller Thu 01-Nov-12 07:50:31

The current situation is her and DH each staying with different family members both on mattresses on floors, him near his work (in Merton) and hardly ever being able to be together. Last tenancy ended August and next plan fell through leaving them in this situation. She is 31 wk pg and has ASD which makes it difficult for her to deal with it on her own. He is working hard on low wage and studying for profession so long term prospects ok but money very tight now.

With a time machine I'd probably try restarting the problem from August and handling it differently so there was no possibility he could be regarded as 'intentionally' homeless (may or may not be) but even with Council help there's no quick easy fix.

They are both quiet, self effacing, gentle souls and more than willing to put up with practically anything to be together when the baby is born.

Any ideas/rooms/studios/anything really appreciated.

SuePurblybilt Thu 01-Nov-12 08:05:47

Just because you can make a sentence into an AIBU question, doesn't mean you should IYSWIM. I think you'd get much more help in another section or on the local board. And specifying which Merton you mean would be an idea.

Isabeller Thu 01-Nov-12 12:45:03

Thank you your advice is much appreciated. I tried to message you but not working for some reason. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now