Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a bit distasteful?

(20 Posts)
DeeMonic Wed 31-Oct-12 22:18:38

Just noticed a friend has posted a photo of her son (aged around 3) sat on the toilet, trousers around ankles, reading a magazine. Several people have posted comments along the lines of 'ha ha' and 'great picture'. I'm not so impressed and am just wondering why anyone would think this was appropriate.

SirBoobAlot Wed 31-Oct-12 22:19:36

I think that's quite funny...

Procrasstinator Wed 31-Oct-12 22:20:30

what do you find inappropriate?

Loobylou222 Wed 31-Oct-12 22:20:47

Yanbu some things should be kept private.

katiecubs Wed 31-Oct-12 22:20:55

Can you see anything? Sounds quite funny to me.

ifancyashandy Wed 31-Oct-12 22:21:07

Wouldn't raise an eyebrow here. No kids so can't get 'professionally offended' but at that age, I'd just think 'Christ, why do you think we care more than anything else.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 31-Oct-12 22:22:06

YANBU - once something is on the Internet,it always is and that child will be old enough to be embarrassed soon enough.

missymoomoomee Wed 31-Oct-12 22:22:21

As long as you can't see anything I think I would laugh at that.

MsVestibule Wed 31-Oct-12 22:22:23

Is it the fact that she took the picture and is showing it to her friends that you object to, or because it's been posted on a "public" forum?

ifancyashandy Wed 31-Oct-12 22:24:20

But, if we've all got an Internet presence, will people really give a damn in years to come. I mean, if millions of parents all over the world are posting 'embarrassing' photos of their kids, won't this just become the norm?

DeeMonic Wed 31-Oct-12 22:35:16

No, you can't see anything, but I just wonder if it would be 'funny' if it was a picture of an adult on the toilet.
More the fact that she thought it worthy of taking a photo of at all, I guess, Vestibule

Procrasstinator Wed 31-Oct-12 22:37:46

as long as you cant see anything, i dont think even if it was an adult it would be inappropriate...bit pointless like but meh

Sparklingbrook Wed 31-Oct-12 22:39:05

Probably passes for funny on FB. sad

MsVestibule Wed 31-Oct-12 22:39:52

In that case, YABU! I would definitely take a photo like that if I could! I would find it funny that a toddler takes a magazine to the toilet, and want photographic evidence for maximum embarrassment in their teenage years. But I can see why some people wouldn't find it funny.

DeeMonic Wed 31-Oct-12 22:44:51

Yeah, I'm probably a bit of a stick-in-the mud about that sort of thing; I don't find farting funny either, but I do love a good old swear! smile

Loobylou222 Wed 31-Oct-12 22:44:55

Taking the pic is funny posting on Facebook isn't funny IMO

Sparklingbrook Wed 31-Oct-12 22:48:02

I agree Loobylou. Bloody FB. I hate it.

NewNames Wed 31-Oct-12 22:50:24

YABU

FB is shite though

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Wed 31-Oct-12 22:56:07

Well I guess it's the contrast of images isn't it? Young child imitating "old man" pose, taking a long time on the toilet so reading to pass the time.

Mildly amusing but not, IMO, distasteful and not worth getting bothered by.

We do all shit, after all, it's a fact of life not a horrible secret.

ScaryFakeNails Wed 31-Oct-12 22:59:13

Its hardly hilarious but like most 'funny' pictures posted its just sort of smile inducing.

As you can't see anything its not inappropriate and wouldn't be if it was an adult either.

YABU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now