Advanced search

To think i must be a terrible mother.

(7 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Wed 31-Oct-12 15:18:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whistlingwaves Wed 31-Oct-12 15:19:31

thebody Wed 31-Oct-12 15:24:25

No of course not, perhaps she thinks you will get more upset and that will scare her more.

My dd is having counselling and treatment for a recent major trauma. She told psychiatrist that she couldn't talk to 'mom because she cries and dad just gets angry about it'...we felt terrible but doc explained that its perfectly normal and healthy as the child parent relationship is so close.

Are your parents happy to take her? Perhaps you could all go and your mom just go into the room with her.

You are not a bad mother anyway.

Whistlingwaves Wed 31-Oct-12 15:48:40

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 31-Oct-12 18:08:11

Well done you for raising a child who knows how to manage her fears, work out what she wants and needs and ask for it. I know my heart would be breaking but really, a bad mother wouldn't care. You care.

Cahoots Wed 31-Oct-12 18:22:52

I can understand your DD's point of view. She might feel that she can be braver if you are not there. It doesn't reflect badly on your mothering skills.

Prarieflower Wed 31-Oct-12 18:32:56

My dd7 did this when she had an MRI scan-she wanted my dad!!!!He didn't want me going in either due to the radiation so I had to sit outside.sad

TBH I think kids are clever and she knew it would be dreadfully hard for me,I'd have done it in a heartbeat but I didn't want her scared.I think she thought dad would make it fun.

She always wants me when she's ill and before she was clutching my hand pretty tight.Tis one of those situations that being a good mum is letting go.

Your dd is obviously resilient and just wants it done and dusted. <hugs>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now