Talk

Advanced search

to wish you a very frightening Halloween?

(12 Posts)
SoleSource Wed 31-Oct-12 10:27:39

AIBU?

Waitingforastartofall Wed 31-Oct-12 10:30:39

Nope, im on the sofa with the halloween chocs watching hocus pocus! Yanbu, amd im the best mum ever for finding ds a skeleton mask apparently.

aldiwhore Wed 31-Oct-12 10:31:52

YABU... I have painstakingly made many pumpkins to ward OFF the evil spirits (that I don't believe in) that may frighten me... the way is lit for my ancestors to pop in and say hello (which would scare the shit out of me if I believed) - therefore being a bandwagon jumper unbeliever I sincerely hope I am not frightened tonight... though I DO hope to frighten others with my Zombie Bride costume. My neighbour must think we a little weird, as I was rolling around in my garden wearing it last night to try and make it look more authentic.

Oh, okay YANBU. smile

Waitingforastartofall Wed 31-Oct-12 10:33:56

dp has bought some pumpkins, but i suck at carving. might leave it till he is awake

McHappyPants2012 Wed 31-Oct-12 10:34:36

grin Happy halloween grin

I got a halloween party this evening to go to and i am off work in the morning, so i will have a brilliant evening

SoleSource Wed 31-Oct-12 10:34:41

Lol

Do pumpkins ward off ghosties?

FlobbadobbaBOO Wed 31-Oct-12 10:40:37

grin
The whole point of carving faces into pumpkins (originally turnips over here I think) is to ward off evil spirits and harmful ghosts who could visit when the boundary between this world and the next is at it's thinnest. Not to actually scare away ghosts of visiting ancestors who are encouraged tonight.
I love Hallowe'en
And a happy Samhain to anybody else who celebrates tonight smile

Some0ne Wed 31-Oct-12 10:41:13

YABU. I'm cranky and not in a mood to appreciate being frightened.

aldiwhore Wed 31-Oct-12 10:44:09

Yay FlobbadobbaBOO glad to hear I'm not just making this stuff up wink

Happy Samhain to you.

I will positively shit myself if Granny turns up. Much as I like the idea!

FlobbadobbaBOO Wed 31-Oct-12 10:51:24

I've done Samhain for about 6 years now and never had any visitors! Had a funny one last night, put some decs up for the DC's and brought my little cauldron down, partly to add to the display and partly because I'm doing a mass candle lighting tonight as part of a pagan forum I'm on. DH comes in from work and I find him eyeing it suspiciously. He said "Flobba, is this an altar or decoration? Can I put my keys down?" He is a very understanding husband at this time of the year!

SoleSource Wed 31-Oct-12 11:34:23

I do mot want any ghpstly encounters. I hope they respect my wishes! shock

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 31-Oct-12 11:45:51

And don't forget (when you are arranging your Evil Spirit Fending Off Pumpkins)
not to have any red lights as apparantly (I read this in an article by Doris Stokes) that evil spirits find it easier to channel along red light.

I read this after I'd made a red lampshade and tissue covered jars for candles.

We've gone orange this year, just to be safe grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now