Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off ....

(7 Posts)
YerMaw1989 Tue 30-Oct-12 22:49:23

Apparently I have missed 7 midwife appointments! :O.
I heard nothing of these, not written in my notes, no phone calls, no letters.

I was told this after undergoing a very painful procedure to rectify my breech pregnancy , I was in agony and then I got told 'you need to start coming you've missed loads' I asked them what they meant and told me I had missed 7 it was news to me.
Especially as I had been told I was being transferred to a more local surgery. I felt as if I was being told off like a naughty school girl and it will make me look really bad in my notes . I mean the last 2 weeks I have been to every appointment so surely if I was being deliberately awkward I wouldn't go to any?.
And someone said I didn't go to a certain test. which I did but had to be re organize it.
Would it not have been better to ask me rather than launch into accusations?
especially when I was obviously so vulnerable at the time.
AIBU?

VirginiaDare Tue 30-Oct-12 23:14:22

How can you miss 7? Do you even get 7 appts?

katiecubs Tue 30-Oct-12 23:18:24

How many weeks are you? I don't think you get much more than 7 the whole time you ate pregnant so it seems unlikely you would have missed so many.

I've had 2 so far and am 25 weeks.

thebody Tue 30-Oct-12 23:19:41

Sorry I don't understand. Did you actually miss 7 or weren't you sent them.

If latter then why didn't you ask them if they had the right address or phone number.

Why don't you call Tom at 9am and sort it out, ask to speak to manager and progress it.

YerMaw1989 Wed 31-Oct-12 08:30:21

I am pretty near the end, apparently so Virginia even though I have only one planned check up (discounting scans) in my entire pregnancy.

I thought I was being transferred at a new place so I have had appointments at the new/old place, well apparently I'd heard nothing of them till yesterday.

I asked them what address but it was correct. so I'm still a bit confused I still apologized for the inconvenience. I felt right moody at the fact there was no consideration it might me an admin/crossed wires problem and assumed I had deliberately chosen not to go.

Was a bit 'rawr' yesterday still in bloody agony. thanks for replies.

Filibear Wed 31-Oct-12 10:08:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

YerMaw1989 Wed 31-Oct-12 12:46:50

I was breeched and has to have an ECV so I suppose it can rack up.

I was thinking to myself 'do you honestly think I would book, organise childcare for something that was obviously going to be very painful....but not go to a check up?" the mind boggles.

I asked the Head midwife to show me a copy of said letters/appointments there weren't any. I have made an appointment today so I can up to date and plus they cannot say I am avoiding the issue/appointments.
I found the breech after ringing the triage with concerns about movement, does that sound like someone who doesn't care about their unborn baby?
*and breathe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now