Talk

Advanced search

To have developed a fear of frogs?

(2 Posts)
maymoon Tue 30-Oct-12 22:49:01

About 4 months ago I opened the door to my cat who ran in with a frog in her mouth. She proudly spat it out belly up on the living room floor and sat awaiting praise for her offering.

Needless to say I was not overly pleased with her offering. Got dustpan and brush from kitchen to remove it. As I brushed it onto the dustpan it turned out it was just playing dead and jumped up at me, it touched my cheek and arm [vomit]. Cat re-caught frog and I shooed (sp?) her outside.

Since this encounter I have been really scared of frogs.I am sure they have come into this knowledge somehow as I have seen more frogs in the last 4 months than I have my entire adult life.

Have recently stayed with DHs family in Iraq and went outside late one eve to use the glorified hole in the ground toilet and and as i crossed the courtyard a frog was jumping towards me. In the desert ffs angry !! DH and family came running thinking something was wrong due to the screaming so now MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, DNs prob think I'm crazy!

Today I was moving some small rocks/hedge cuttings from some work we have been doing in the garden and one jumped out at me again, it touched my hand. This made me scream, swear and jump about like an idiot, much to the enjoyment of next doors window cleaner who pooped his head over fence at my screams!

I just want the jumpy little bastards to leave me alone.

AIBU to be so scared? What can I do to overcome my fear?

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 11:25:28

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Just blee.

YANBU. They're freaky little buggers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now