Talk

Advanced search

Fatness (probably trivial)

(16 Posts)
ellathefox Tue 30-Oct-12 21:01:36

Dp just said to me 'move, your fatness is blocking the tv remote'. I'm not fat, size 12, but I'm not what I was pre baby - size 8-10. He's commented on this before but not in a bad way. I'm a bit touchy about my wobbly-ness which he knows (jelly belly that sticks out). I asked him to apologise because he was out of order and he refused saying that I should know he's joking.

Am I being unreasonable to be raging about this?

I also said that I don't comment on how bald he's getting but I know I was being unreasonable saying that.

DeadQODy Tue 30-Oct-12 21:04:30

Slap his bald head and have a well deserved sulk for ten mins. Makes me feel better

AlmostAHipster Tue 30-Oct-12 21:04:40

I don't think any joke about 'fatness' is particularly amusing tbh. I'd have told him to get his tiny cock off my sofa and then stropped off in a sulk

EricNorthmansFangBanger Tue 30-Oct-12 21:09:56

Tell your DH to fuck off to the far side of fuck etc etc. He might think he's funny joking about it but he's just being a bit of a twat IMO.

ellathefox Tue 30-Oct-12 21:17:27

I have the tiny cock thing noted for the future!

AlmostAHipster Tue 30-Oct-12 21:25:09

grin

fluffypillow Tue 30-Oct-12 21:38:32

YANBU. He knows you're not feeling great about your body right now. He should be supporting you, not putting you down. Throw away comments like this can really make a person feel insecure........please make that clear to him.

I think he behaved like a shit tbh. Poor you.

NewNames Tue 30-Oct-12 23:08:02

YANBU.

What a diiiiioiiiiiioickhead

TinyDancingHoofer Tue 30-Oct-12 23:11:01

Really depends on your relationship tbh. That would be totally normal banter for me but if it is a very sensitive issue with you and he knows the YANBU! MAke him sleep on the sofa.

ellathefox Tue 30-Oct-12 23:14:07

Thanks everyone, glad I'm not the one being an arsehole!

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 31-Oct-12 00:45:58

YANBU! I would come close to slapping my DH if he said that to me, and I'm a happy size 10.

He is being extra unreasonable, because even if it was genuinely intended as a joke, he should be sorry that his intended joke make you feel bad. He doesn't get you insist that every one of his 'jokes' should be funny to everyone.

SoleSource Wed 31-Oct-12 00:52:40

Eat a massive lot of junk food I.front of him

2rebecca Wed 31-Oct-12 06:28:29

Does he mean you were sitting on the TV remote, or just that you were blocking his view of the TV? Seems a strange thing to say and if my husband said that I wouldn't understand what he was talking about.
OK to ask you to move if you're sat in the way of the TV or sitting on the remote, very rude to do so in the way he did. My husband and I never talk to each other like that. I would be angry and upset if spoken to like that and if no immediate grovelling apology would be wondering about the future of our relationships.
Other couples trade insults happily I know but I don't. If a man wants a woman to be regularly rude and insulting to then it's not me.

ellathefox Wed 31-Oct-12 07:35:05

I was standing in front of the tv. We do trade insults sometimes as a joke but weaknesses never come into it and he would apologise if he took it too far

lovebunny Wed 31-Oct-12 10:09:26

leave him. he's horrible. he won't improve.

EuroShagmore Wed 31-Oct-12 10:12:35

How is he still in possession of his testicles? You are a more restrained woman than me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now