Talk

Advanced search

To not trick or treat?

(9 Posts)
HalloweenHatingGrinch Tue 30-Oct-12 16:09:50

I hate Halloween and all it's trick and treating. People banging your door really loudly every five minutes demanding sweets.
No I don't take my two small kids trick or treating and don't intend to. No, I'm not 'depriving' them hmm because we don't do it, so stop looking at me like I have two heads when I say we never go. Pah!

WorraLiberty Tue 30-Oct-12 16:12:12

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Do it

Don't do it

But for the love of Satan please can people stop these threads....they're getting ridiculous!

<< Annnd breathe >>

WhatsTheBuzz Tue 30-Oct-12 16:13:07

YANBU it's not the 'begging' element of it that bothers me though, I'm just too scared to take them to knock on strangers' doors.

Ithinkitsjustme Tue 30-Oct-12 16:14:43

I'm just afraid of freaking elderly people out, take them Carol singing at Christmas instead grin and to make it a bit dfferent, take sweets/ chocolates with you to give to residents. Makes a huge difference.

GhostofMammaTJ Tue 30-Oct-12 16:17:21

And again!! My DP takes my DC to houses that are decorated. I stay home in my decorated house to answer the door to around 120 kids, who I love to see.

Don't decorate, put a card up to say and noone will knock!

Sirzy Tue 30-Oct-12 16:17:30

I agree worra. No need to make a song and dance about it although perhaps if you sing and dance people will give you more sweets

ScaryFakeNails Tue 30-Oct-12 16:18:19

Completely agree with Worra. I wasn't aware theres some sort of vigilante army going round insisting you trick or treat.

Do it or don't. If you have such courage in your convictions stop asking about are they unreasonable or not.

I can't believe people get so het up about costumes and a few sweets.

CwtchesAndCuddles Tue 30-Oct-12 17:23:48

In an ideal world if you put up a poster no one would bother you. This world is not ideal and round here you get agro poster or not!

Why can't people just knock on houses that are decorated and leave the rest of us alone?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 30-Oct-12 17:41:14

I take dd. We only knock at houses with decorations which I think is the best way.

We decorate our house big style and I love kids coming round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now