Talk

Advanced search

to think that some posts are ott in their content?

(93 Posts)
mrsfuzzy Tue 30-Oct-12 15:57:02

before everyone says it, i might be sensitive, stupid, naive, we're all adults, don't read it if it offends, whatever but i am of the thinking that some threads on here start well and are interesting until a certain type of post is put up then it breaks down into stupid, crass school toilet humour, with language to match, even the odd thread leaves something to be desired. most of the threads are great and the posters have humour, are helpful and have understanding, sharing their experiences etc but there a few that are leaving a lot to be desired. before anyone says i'm out of touch, i'm sticking my neck on the line andsaying that i don,t believe that there isn't anyone who doesn't feel like i do. let battle commence!

Whooooosualsuspect Tue 30-Oct-12 16:00:06

<sticks tongue out at OP>

ABatInBunkFive Tue 30-Oct-12 16:01:11

huh

HeinousHecate Tue 30-Oct-12 16:01:51

Yeah, you're not the first to say it and you won't be the last.

Are you new? That would explain the shell shock grin

It is what it is. This is the site. If you're hoping to change it, you're going to be disappointed grin I've been knocking about here for eons and as far as I know, nobody's ever come in with a complaint and made the buggers change grin

meditrina Tue 30-Oct-12 16:02:13

Full moon?

Whooooosualsuspect Tue 30-Oct-12 16:03:03

<moons OP>

TequilaMockingMagpie Tue 30-Oct-12 16:03:27

You maybe right , bit it suits .

ABatInBunkFive Tue 30-Oct-12 16:04:37

It would be a very boring place if everyone was the same.

VirginiaDare Tue 30-Oct-12 16:04:40

^ that i don,t believe that there isn't anyone who doesn't feel like i do^

Is that a triple or quadruple negative? What does it mean?

Do you think you'd be better off in a fluffier, pinker place?

Shalloween Tue 30-Oct-12 16:05:17

I read down through some threads which make me PMSL (sorry, probably better off not saying that), some reduce me to tears and some I will quote freely for a long time. But some don't appeal and I mentally do that thing that Graham Norton does with the handle which tips the chair up. That's the joy of it isn't it?

WorraLiberty Tue 30-Oct-12 16:05:43

most of the threads are great and the posters have humour, are helpful and have understanding, sharing their experiences etc

Surely that's the best you can hope for on a website this large?

HesterBurnitall Tue 30-Oct-12 16:06:26

Eh? You don't believe there isn't anyone who doesn't feel like you do? Not sure why you're expecting a battle if you believe there's a consensus on the matter.

I like a bit of crass here and there and am unfazed by any form of swearing. That said, liking different posting styles on a forum isn't really the stuff of battles.

LucyBorgia Tue 30-Oct-12 16:11:10

Shalloween I shall use the mental Graham Norton chair lever forever more. Genius. grin

mrsfuzzy Tue 30-Oct-12 16:12:56

heinous, no, i'm not new, have been on here god knows how long. just a different nickname that's all, shalloween, liking that,lol. yes there are some very basic posts on here on the forum but what the heck, what does it really matter? whoooostop mooning it's causing an eclipse! but yes seriously that made me laugh, god that image is going to stay now!

SrirachaGhoul Tue 30-Oct-12 16:13:42

Stick around...it gets better grin. Sometimes the crass school toilet humour overlaps into your real life and you have to do that "Oops, I didn't just say that out loud did I?" thing.

mrsfuzzy Tue 30-Oct-12 16:13:47

hester when i said battle i was joking!!!!

IvorHughJackolantern Tue 30-Oct-12 16:16:01

Oh I love a bit of toilet humour

Someone tell a poo joke

Shalloween Tue 30-Oct-12 16:17:55

Thanks Lucy. Previously only my dog has thought of me as a genius so I'm humbled.

mrsfuzzy Tue 30-Oct-12 16:19:41

ivor, then we can clean it up with the red tabloids, talking of loos when i was a kid public loos had that horrible tracing paper stuff yuk, used to make the bum abit sore, let's be thankful for the soft stuff!

ScaryFakeNails Tue 30-Oct-12 16:21:12

I can't work out what you're complaining about.

Someone making a toilet joke and what the thread is ruined? confused

ScaryBeardyDeadyman Tue 30-Oct-12 16:22:56

Hello! Is it me you're looking for?

Yes I admit it, I unintentionally derailed a thread earlier and it got turned into a warzone! And then a which superhero would you do thread...

I refuse to apologise for being me.

If this isn't about me, then forget everything I just said and carry on as normal...

ScaryBeardyDeadyman Tue 30-Oct-12 16:24:33

ivor I only know one poo joke but it's a bit shit...

Narked Tue 30-Oct-12 16:25:00

Why did the baker have dirty hands?

Because he needed (kneaded) a poo

Shalloween Tue 30-Oct-12 16:27:52

ScaryBeardyDeadyman...
Ruined thread - check.
Poo joke - check.
You only need to say cunt now and you've got the hat trick.

MissKeithLemon Tue 30-Oct-12 16:32:36

Ooh I wondered if OP was talking about that thread Daddyman i'll take half the blame with you if you like

It wasn't exactly a serious issues thread though tbf. The poster who got upset was a bit hoikey judgey pants imo and seemed to have had a total soh breakdown.

We've all had bad shit happen to us at soem time or other. To stamp your feet and get upset at a joke/conversation about something totally different is being a bit whiny I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now