Talk

Advanced search

to wear a killer cleavage blouse to a job interview

(62 Posts)
lucyellenmum Tue 30-Oct-12 14:48:10

A white one at that - and it isn't even an interview for a waitress.

Thing is, i dont have any money to buy any new clothes (scoured charity shops today nothing suitable) So i have a white blouse that is quite fitted and there IS cleavage (im a big girl so its either cleavage or frumpy)

OR silver grey blouse with no cleavage but it doesn't really go with black suit?

Not 100% happy with ither really but the white looks better

The serious question is - will i look like a waitress??

MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Oct-12 14:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notjustastateofmind Tue 30-Oct-12 14:50:29

You won't look like a waitress but you'll look cheap and unprofessional. I dit on jobinterview panels regularly and white shirt, big cleavage is a massive no-no in my book.

Go for the grey. What's wrong with a grey shirt and black suit? confused

MrsVincentPrice Tue 30-Oct-12 14:50:35

Silver grey should go fine with black suit surely? (unless you mean that there are collar discrepancies with that particular suit/blouse combo).

But you're over thinking it - put a couple of stitches in the white shirt to keep the cleavage decent if necessary, nobody will think "she looks like a waitress".

ZombTEE Tue 30-Oct-12 14:50:36

Any short of shell or under shirt you can put on under it?

I think silver grey would look better with a black suit.

Cleavage not really appropriate no matter what you're interviewing for.

SarkyWench Tue 30-Oct-12 14:50:39

no cleavage.
buy a cheap plain cami/vest to cover up underneath.

notjustastateofmind Tue 30-Oct-12 14:51:02

^ Clearly I sit rather than dit on job interview panels

lucyellenmum Tue 30-Oct-12 14:51:18

lol my DD bought me a tshirt from hooters - it was XXL and it didn't fit me blush

No, the cleavage isn't very obvious, to be honest im more worried about the colour

ClippedPhoenix Tue 30-Oct-12 14:51:22

yes, depends how much boob is being squashed up and out grin

Ithinkitsjustme Tue 30-Oct-12 14:51:33

Is there anyone you could borrow one from (or a charity shop you could go to), cleavage isn't really great for a job interview.

Feilefoo Tue 30-Oct-12 14:51:34

You have to decide if the employer wants that look. If you really go with the white, can you put on a camiso or something to reduce the drama? I would consider the silver if it was more conservative. You want the employer to focus on you and your brain, not your physical assets!

TakingTheStairs Tue 30-Oct-12 14:51:39

Could you wear a vest top/light top underneath the white blouse?
Personally I'd rather wear the blouse that didn't 100% match than wear the one with cleavage to a job interview.

Feilefoo Tue 30-Oct-12 14:52:13

do you have a camisole you can put under the white shirt to tone it down a bit?

BigBroomstickBIWI Tue 30-Oct-12 14:52:27

What is the job you're interviewing for?

Personally, if I was interviewing you, I would be a bit hmm if you came in flashing lots of cleavage!

Is there any way you could minimise the cleavage? Wear a different bra, or a top with a 'modesty panel' (awful name, but you know what I mean!)

Or could you borrow something from a friend?

You need to feel good when you're at an interview, and the last thing you need is worrying if you're giving the right/wrong impression before you even open your mouth.

notjustastateofmind Tue 30-Oct-12 14:53:07

Second takingthestairs

I'd always prefer to recruit someone whose clothes didn't quite match rather than someone who turned up to job interviews with tittage

MaudTheGardenTheBlackBatNight Tue 30-Oct-12 14:54:22

As said already, unless the job is at Hooters you must avoid cleavage. If you can't borrow a camisole, go with the silver blouse.

InvasionOfTheBodyShatners Tue 30-Oct-12 14:56:05

The silver blouse will look better than white, regardless of the knockers situation.

WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 14:58:43

Avoid cleavage! I would seriousl hmm if I interviewed anyone with their cleavage out.

Iodine Tue 30-Oct-12 15:01:50

Eek, have I been comitting an interview faux pas? I wear a smart black or grey suit with a white shirt, no cleavage ( I couldn't get a cleavage even if I wanted to!)

lucyellenmum Tue 30-Oct-12 15:06:34

i think i'll go for the grey then i just FEEL more confident in the white

EuroShagmore Tue 30-Oct-12 15:08:42

Avoid cleavage. The silver grey shirt sounds fine.

samandi Tue 30-Oct-12 15:08:42

Sounds very unprofessional to me. I wouldn't be impressed with any amount of cleavage if I was interviewing. It's the equivalent of a man with unbuttoned shirt showing chest hairs.

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Tue 30-Oct-12 15:10:05

use the silver

put the knockers away

MaudTheGardenTheBlackBatNight Tue 30-Oct-12 15:10:16

Iodine - I think the problem is the visible boobage, not the whiteness of the blouse.

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Tue 30-Oct-12 15:15:41

Do you have any scarf you could wear that would break up the shirt and hide visible cleavage? Would also make less waitress like;

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now