Talk

Advanced search

To wake up my neighbours EARLY everyday

(11 Posts)
vroomvroommum Tue 30-Oct-12 07:51:50

I am sorely tempted to go and wake up the upstairs neighbours this morning!!!!

They were running up and down and screaming at one another until 3 this morning (this is normal) they know we work and have to be up early, but despite me asking them very politely to try and keep the noise down wherever possible after 10 they just become louder!! It's like the whole family are up there jumping off furniture!

MrsKeithRichards Tue 30-Oct-12 07:54:29

Get the stereo cranked up!

EdsRedeemingQualities Tue 30-Oct-12 07:59:15

Brass band. Get the Salvation army round on a Sunday at about 7.

They sound really inconsiderate, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Our neighbour starts his motorbike up at 5am most days right outside my bedroom window...but he has to go to work so that's sort of Ok.

Doing it for other reasons is unacceptable. I wouldn't get into tit for tat though, just keep having a word.

EdsRedeemingQualities Tue 30-Oct-12 07:59:58

Also earplugs might help you.

vroomvroommum Tue 30-Oct-12 09:43:08

I put a letter through her mailbox this morning, very politely explaining my issues with the noise and how disturbed we are. I then gave her my mobile number so that she could call me if she wanted to discuss anything and I've just had a text saying they are sorry bet we should be thank full that we don't have to put up with the people above them!!!! Incredible. confused angry

maybe i just need to drink more before bed wine cheers

TheMonster Tue 30-Oct-12 09:46:08

If they do it again, get them up early. Petty, but it always makes me feel better.

myfirstkitchen Tue 30-Oct-12 09:54:09

my horrid neighbours were up, on drugs, making a noise until 4. i had to go to a car boot sale and left at 5.30am. i took great pleasure in ringing their buzzer for a good 5 mins at 5.30 when they'd probably only just got to sleep .... do it!

FireOverBabylon Tue 30-Oct-12 10:01:14

Buy a really loud alarm clock, then set it for just after you've left the house.....

ZombieOnABicycle Tue 30-Oct-12 10:47:50

Hoover the ceiling at 5am?

We have a similar issue with out neighbours, I have to be up at 5am for work, but they seem to ramp up the noise every night after 9pm, kids screaming, father shouting and throwing things, and even doing DIY (drilling and hammering at gone midnight)

I tried asking nicely, I tried involving SOHO, and I'm just not getting anywhere, so now I hoover at 6am on the weekend making sure to bump the wall a lot

starmaker7 Tue 30-Oct-12 10:52:37

your local council with have a noise nuisance officer (poss environmental health) get in touch with them,they will write to the neighbour telling them to quieten down ,if they dont then you will get noise recording equipment and the NN could get fined and or evicted if rented property.Its in their best interest to shut up!!

Woolfey Tue 30-Oct-12 10:56:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now