Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think DH is being childish and a prick

(11 Posts)
nellyjelly Tue 30-Oct-12 07:51:10

I am on leave today. Got up at 6 with kids. During breakfast suddenly realised I hadn't sent my expenses into work and today is deadline day. I quick plugged in work laptop to do this but realised I couldn't find the mouse. So I unplugged mouse from dH computer next to mine. He never normally uses his pc in the morning but came in to switch it on and got really annoyed I had taken mouse. So soon as I had finished I plugged it back in and went to get dressed.

Next thing, he is shouting up the stairs at me, quite aggressively I thought about how it is now not working, how bad it was for me just to help myself to his stuff etc.

It isn't broken. Just needs to be plugged in again but he wouldn't let me try that just flounced off to work without saying goodbye.

Yes maybe I should have asked but was in a hurry, task needed doing before 8am. I have been up with kids since 6 while he still asleep. The expenses are important. I will be skint next month if don't get them. He is so bloody precious about his stuff. Yet he just helps himself to my ipad all the time. i am not bothered but feel like sending him a text to say keep off my ipad in future then if I can't borrow a bloody mouse for 5 mins for an important task.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Gumby Tue 30-Oct-12 07:54:20

Sounds like he was having the morning grumps

If it's a one off I'd forget about it

nellyjelly Tue 30-Oct-12 07:58:56

Thanks. i shouldn't stoop to his level re the ipad issue but am so annoyed.

PurpleRayne Tue 30-Oct-12 08:01:22

Did he think you had been on his computer?

nellyjelly Tue 30-Oct-12 08:12:30

No it isn't a pc issue. His computer is his work(designer) and very expensive one so I tend not to use it much. Not connected to internet even in case of viruses. However I only used his bloody mouse!

He is very precious about his stuff generally. Sorry to dripfeed but he is Dyslexic and says he feels anxious if things aren't where he left them. So I tend not to touch anything of his tbh. However today it is not like he didn't know where mouse was.

Not sure if that is actually a symptom of Dyslexia. I think he uses it as an excuse for everything.

TurquoiseFrankenCat Tue 30-Oct-12 08:15:46

Hmm. My DH is severely dyslexic (grade f or g, can't remember which), and he's never had symptoms like that. Not saying they don't exist, just that I've not seen it before.

WMittens Tue 30-Oct-12 08:24:16

Yes he is - sounds like he's being territorial.

As an aside, does your laptop not have a trackpad or other built-in pointing device? I don't think I've seen a new one in the 4 or 5 years that doesn't.

nellyjelly Tue 30-Oct-12 08:26:37

He says it is due to short term memory problem. Things need to be exactly where he left them or he can't find them. That I can see but doesn't explain his terrible untidyness and inability to ever close a drawer or door which he also says is Dyslexia.

nellyjelly Tue 30-Oct-12 08:27:25

Yes does have trackball but too fiddly for the form I had to complete.

ThatsNice Tue 30-Oct-12 08:35:39

Being untidy and disorganised is a trait of dyslexia as it happens. Dyslexics either stay untidy/disorganised (and they tend not to 'see' it) or they learn ways to cope with it and can then go to the other extreme and become anal about organisation and routine as a coping mechanism. Anything slightly off that routine will often tail spin them ., :/

wheredidiputit Tue 30-Oct-12 08:45:38

He using being dyslexic as an excuse for being an arse.

As a household of dyslexics we use each other bits and pieces.

I would put your IPad away so he cant use it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now