Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why I can't cut my pumpkin into cubes?

(7 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Tue 30-Oct-12 02:12:29

I have a lot of pumkin and hav ebeen researching recipies si I don't end up with just soup. Some say cut the pumkin into cubes hmm When I carve out mine it comes out in stringy strips. It is surely too soft to cut into cubes? How?

nooka Tue 30-Oct-12 02:26:22

It might be the type of pumpkin. I know when I looked for pumpkin pie recipes last year they said I couldn't use the big halloween type pumpkins because they were too stringy. But I just stripped out as much flesh as I could and baked it anyway, then pureed it. Made delicious pie smile

chandellina Tue 30-Oct-12 06:32:53

Salvage the seeds and toast them.

musicalendorphins Tue 30-Oct-12 09:18:14

I agree it could be the type of pumpkin. The smaller pie pumpkins are what I buy. I cut in half, scoop out the guts and then roast it in large chunks. Perhaps if you do that then let it cool, then peel and cube, it will work.
I only use it as a puree, have never used cubes of pumpkin.

musicalendorphins Tue 30-Oct-12 09:20:17

Instructional video on cubing a pumpkin.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDasrWN934g

WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 10:07:54

Is it spaghetti squash rather than pumpkin?

AlwaysHoldingOnToStarbug Tue 30-Oct-12 10:51:12

I really shouldn't skim read, I thought it said you wanted to cut a pumpkin in your pubes!! That's taking Halloween a bit too far! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: