Talk

Advanced search

To think it's just a dream ffs, get over it

(9 Posts)
Kingcyrolophosarus Mon 29-Oct-12 23:59:10

dh had a dream last night that I divorced him to run off with a lesbian

He's gone on about it so much, didn't help that I went out with friends tonight. Girls!!

I had a dream the other night that he left me, destroyed my name, made everyone think I was insane, took DS off me, was responsible for the death of our daughter(we don't have one in real life), turned DS against me, whilst completely neglecting him, but didn't mention it because it was a dream.
Not real, him not responsible

But somehow, I'm made to feel guilty

WorraLiberty Tue 30-Oct-12 00:00:57

Wow!

Is there anything stressful going on in your relationship for you both to be dreaming like that?

Kingcyrolophosarus Tue 30-Oct-12 00:05:56

Whatever makes you think that??!!
All plain sailing!
No, we have some problems, but he'd been out with a friend who's wife has divorced him, and is suspected of having a lesbian affair
And I'd been taking to a friend who's ex p is a complete psychopath and tries to tell anyone who will listen what a bitch she is, totally unfounded

SoleSource Tue 30-Oct-12 00:13:12

King you have to expect people to question your OP. Worra was asking not accusing.

AdoraBell Tue 30-Oct-12 01:27:29

So both of you are picking up on friend's experiences. You can only be made to feel guilty about someone else's dream if you take the guilt on board. Let it go.

CrikeyOHare Tue 30-Oct-12 01:35:28

Whatever makes you think that??!!

I think this was a joke, Sole.

Kingcyrolophosarus Tue 30-Oct-12 07:37:37

Yes, I was being sarcastic!!

HeinousHecate Tue 30-Oct-12 07:46:32

Have you sat down with him and said "Will you please explain to me why you appear to be cross with me about a dream you had? Do you believe that dreams are real and that I did what happened in your dream. I need you to explain why you can dream something and go on about it with me to the point where it feels accusatory. Two nights ago, I dreamed that <insert dream>. I'm not going on about it to you, am I. That's because it's NOT REAL!"

And sit there and wait for his reply.

Really make him see the ridiculousness of what he is doing.

There is of course another possibility.

That there was no dream. That he is pretending there is because he thinks you are doing whatever it is he's describing and he's doing the "I dreamed that..." thing cos he thinks you'll be astounded that he's dreamed what you're actually doing. He thinks he can throw out this 'dream' and see from your reaction if he's right.

If that makes any sense.

Kingcyrolophosarus Tue 30-Oct-12 11:15:50

I'm away at my mums atm, so communication a bit limited

He definitely doesn't think I'm playing away, with either sex, although he could be worried about divorce, as things not been good for a while

Hopefully the 'realness' of the dream will wear off for him

I know how disconcerting it can be

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now